Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Give maneaters the ability to break through doors
Maneaters only cost 1 crystal but they suck and you have to drag them around, incriminating yourself.  Since hydroponics is so isolated, maneaters should be able to crash through doors like macho man.  Then they can chase people all over the station and potentially corner them in the janitor's closet before anyone figures out which botanist grew them.

Would be funny if they could eat some other critters like space wasps too.
at the least they could pry doors open after a delay. what kind of good, self respecting monstrosity cant force open a door with its terrible strength
I always thought it would be cool if they could move through Kudzu like it's not even there, which would be a nice combo of the traitor botanist's items.
Maneaters really don't need a buff. They're all but impervious to anything that isn't a flamethrower, instantly delete people from the round with no chance of recovery, and the 1 tc cost allows you to practically carpet the station with maneaters. Plus, it's fairly trivial to grow a pack of maneaters out in space or somewhere similarly inaccessible, then crate the lot and distribute them to wherever you want. The fact that maneaters can't go through doors is often the only thing that stops them.
I know it makes no sense but I like the idea of kudzu and maneaters having some sort of relationship now that ferriswheel1 has mentioned it.
(10-07-2016, 01:04 AM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: I always thought it would be cool if they could move through Kudzu like it's not even there, which would be a nice combo of the traitor botanist's items.

I thought this was already a thing. I don't play botanist much and I've never been a traitor botanist however. This needs to be a thing though.
doors no, move through kudzu yes

it's already hard enough to close doors when you're being chased
Can you imagine the terror of being hunted down by something that you cannot see stalking you through a swath of dense kudzu? You're locked in the room, not knowing where the man-eater will strike from, and you're sweating profusely as you hold up your flamethrower. Suddenly one of them springs into view at the end of the cut you've made to pass through the room. You laugh and ready your flamethrower...

And then another bursts from the foilage behind you.

Poor Sap says, "Clever girl."
and also

being on kudzu or synthgrass should heal maneater