Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Drones and their remains
Know those nasty drones in space? Some shoot lasers some have saws...but they all have remains once ya destroy them! I saw screens, capacitors, surgical saws, and various other parts i cannot remember, but i was really wondering....can they be used for something? I mean obviously the saw can be used from the get go, but what about capacitors and such? Can they be used in crafting? It would be nice if we could use those parts to make things (and scan them so we can mass produce the parts) to make lets say tazers or laserguns or some tools (a damn arc welder would be nice)!

If ya know their use do share the info, if not then add yer thoughts!
They used to be used in mechanics before blueprints and the reverse engineering things to build stuff so I am guessing that those remains are just left over from those days.
(10-06-2016, 06:30 PM)Musketman12 Wrote: They used to be used in mechanics before blueprints and the reverse engineering things to build stuff so I am guessing that those remains are just left over from those days.

Aww damn... well if it stayed in the game why not use them again? there are many things that simply arent used usually as a leftower or gimmick...
those electrical components were a big part of how mechanics used to function. you had to stick prescribed numbers of those into a frame before you could deploy it. thankfully the item-replicating aspect of mechanics has been significantly simplified since then.

as for their current function, not sure. may be used in some fiddly puzzles like repairing the paint dispenser or antique laser gun or something, but theyre probably part of drone wreckage mostly for visual flair.

i thought this was going to be about ghost drone carcasses. it would be good to have a way to have them sent back to the ghost drone factory for recycling
(10-06-2016, 06:34 PM)misto Wrote: those electrical components were a big part of how mechanics used to function. you had to stick prescribed numbers of those into a frame before you could deploy it. thankfully the item-replicating aspect of mechanics has been significantly simplified since then.

as for their current function, not sure. may be used in some fiddly puzzles like repairing the paint dispenser or antique laser gun or something, but theyre probably part of drone wreckage mostly for visual flair.

i thought this was going to be about ghost drone carcasses. it would be good to have a way to have them sent back to the ghost drone factory for recycling

Laser gun is repaired with the ores from mining which are used in nanofab to make the parts, while the paint dispencer requires merely wires to repair as far as i remember... Laser gun can be a wery powerful weapon my max dmg per shot was 80 (back then we had workbenches) however takes shittload of mining and a lot of luck to get the best materials, and deep knowledge of smelting to achieve decent results (for example i never managed to make a cell with more charge than 300 my best was 200+ and a 300 charge small cell can be bought for 10k in syndie station) interestingly small cells cannot be made self-recharging unless someone changed that...

But yea having those drone parts just lay arround unused sucks...
I wish we could build anti-syndicate drones drones.
Medsal even I want to build.