Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[Syndicate Item] Meat Monster
SOMEONE GIVE ME SOMETHING TO SPRITE WITH DAMNI- I mean, uhm, someone tell me how to sprite so I can add sprites.

CHEF'S PERSONAL PAL: THE MEAT MONSTER

Costs about 8 Telecrystals.

It starts as a small cube of meat.
It does nothing except be carried or lied on the ground. A few hits could easily destroy it.
When examined it says: 
A disturbing piece of meat, that's alive.
Once fed the equal to a human corpse in terms of meat, (Botany Plants can be fed as well) it will grow up one. When it grows up, it'll start at half health in it's next phase. If it regains all health (by being fed) it will grow once again to half health. If all of it's health depletes it will go down a phase to half health.

After growing once, it will have grown into a Meat Chunk.
It does nothing but eat meat and be carried.
When examined it says:
A slightly moving piece of meat, it seems to be trying to eat itself.
It'll grow once fed two human corpses in amount of meat.

It will then grow into a Meat Pile.
It cannot be carried, but can be pulled. It'll try to smack anyone near it other than the Chef, dealing very, very small damage. It'll try to eat anything dead around it. Normal Meat counts as dead.
When examined it says:
Ew! A giant pile of twisted meat! It's trying to grab nearby objects to eat.
When pulling a dead corpse towards it it says:
Several pieces of meat stretch and start to absorb ______
It'll grow once fed three human corpses in amount of meat.

It will then grow into a Meatling.
This little thing can walk around, and will try to chase down meat and humans and devour them. It's pretty much a Man-eating plant at this stage without the extra noises.
When examined it says:
Man eating Meat? Or Man-Eating Meat? What has science done?
When devouring someone it says:
It begins to swallow _______ whole! It doesn't have a mouth, but trust me on this one.
It'll grow once fed four human corpses in amount of meat.

It will then grow into a Meat Man.
This thing isn't small, and will actively walk around and trying to pry open doors (which will take it about 30 seconds.). It will chase it's prey and then stun them with a powerful whack to the legs. It will then begin to whack at the other person's head, dealing light brute damage but also brain damage. Every whack will have a chance to remove the person's headgear, and once their mask and headgear are off it will then begin to choke the person and devour them whole like a Changeling Abomination to an unarmed staff assistant.
When examined it says:
A particularly rude meat man.
When taking someone's headgear off it says:
The Meat Man seems to have knocked off the ________
When devouring someone it says:
The Meat Man starts to digest _______ from the outside!
It'll grow once fed five human corpses in amount of meat.

It will then grow into THE MEAT MONSTER.
The meat monster does massive, brute attacks. The Meat Monster first seeks to kill everything around it (besides Chef) and THEN feast. The Meat Monster moves at normal speed, and it's attacks are no laughing matter. It will do one of the three things:
  • It'll try to bite you, if succeeding it'll eat one of your limbs. Could be your head. Not your Chest.
  • It'll try to slam into you, if succeeding it'll knock you 10 tiles back and deal medium Brute Damage and good Stun Damage.
  • It'll try to whack you, if succeeding it'll lightly stun you and deal massive Brute Damage, possibly taking off a limb.
The only counter at this point is fire, which the Chef can easily distinguish if helping. The Meat Monster will also constantly change targets after every attack, so that you're not instantly killed the moment it wants to eat you. Unless it bites your head off, in which case RIP.
When Examined it says:
Is this karma for eating that hamburger?
When slamming into something it says:
The meat monster slams into ______, sending them FLYING back!
When biting someone it says:
The meat monster bites ________'s ____ off! Holy shit!
When whacking someone it says:
The meat monster lightly slaps _______ away.
Whenever it eats now, it doesn't eat to grow, but to gain health. It starts off with heavy health and will stop eating once as max health. Atleast, until it's damaged again.
So the chef equivalent to Botany's man eater? I'm a bit neutral on this one.
EDIT: Also man eaters cost only 1 telecrystal, according to the wiki. Might wanna rebalance that a tad bit.
I thought they cost two?
Anyway, the reason it costs 8 is because it's so much more than just a Man-eater.
It's only a Man-Eater at half-strength, and when fully fed it can be an absolute monster to the crew. Especially if the Chef is packing human torso's in his backpack and a Fire Extinguisher with him. Since that will make it almost impossible to kill as it constantly heals and fire won't do much with the Chef extinguishing it.
I'm not sure if this would be a viable item for most occasions, unless monkey meat counts.
All meat counts.
Human Meat,
Plant Meat,
Monkey Meat,
Possessed Item Meat,
Ect.
I think this would need sprites before the admins say anything concrete about adding it.

That said if you could kill it, cut the limbs off, and get meat limbs surgically attached to you I would be for it. Mostly for the beefy arms puns.

You can sprite in paint, Dreammaker, Photoshop, Krita, or probably paint.net. Just save the file as a PNG file and I'm pretty sure you can pack it into a DMI file, or save it in dream maker.

Here's the Goonstation guide to spriting. I updated it with the Goon 2016 github page. But other then that it hasn't been updated since 2014 and could probably use a rewrite at some point.

http://wiki.ss13.co/Spriting
(10-06-2016, 01:58 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: I think this would need sprites before the admins say anything concrete about adding it.

That said if you could kill it, cut the limbs off, and get meat limbs surgically attached to you I would be for it. Mostly for the beefy arms puns.

You can sprite in paint, Dreammaker, Photoshop, Krita, or probably paint.net. Just save the file as a PNG file and I'm pretty sure you can pack it into a DMI file, or save it in dream maker.

Here's the Goonstation guide to spriting. I updated it with the Goon 2016 github page. But other then that it hasn't been updated since 2014 and could probably use a rewrite at some point.

http://wiki.ss13.co/Spriting

Thank you!
This sounds fucking incredible.

Yes, PLEASE. Sprite 'em up, if somebody can. The Meat Monster. .
I feel like there might be some cheese potential from just using a monkey vend, but those are in pretty high profile areas (well, Genetics at least, nobody goes into Back Catering) and the ones not on the station would limit the Meat Monster to wherever the vendor is.

Hmmn. Interesting to think about, balance-wise, but thematically fucking hilarious. I like that you gave descriptions.
I think the basic idea is sound, though some of the numbers could use some tweaking.

First off, no one's going to kill fifteen people to power up a meat monster - if you've managed to kill fifteen people and toss them in the gibber chances are you're a bigger threat to the station than the meat monster is ever going to be. In fact, there's no real reason to use anything except synthmeat - it can be harvested in ludicrous amounts and can be done in the privacy of a hidden room in maint somewhere without anyone ever catching on.

Secondly, 8 TCs is a little expensive for a single critter, even if it's a very strong one. I've railed against how cheap maneaters are before, but it's true that their threat comes from numbers - a single critter, no matter how robust, can be relatively easily avoided and locked down on a station as large as Cog2.

The price might be justified if it could pull in dead players to control it, though. It would avoid the issue where it futilely attempts to charge through a window to get at a monkey three rooms away while ignoring the officer murdering it. Maybe give it some changeling-esque powers - the chaplain can already create lite versions of other antags, so there's precedent there.
super meat boy
(10-06-2016, 06:51 PM)Roomba Wrote: I think the basic idea is sound, though some of the numbers could use some tweaking.

First off, no one's going to kill fifteen people to power up a meat monster - if you've managed to kill fifteen people and toss them in the gibber chances are you're a bigger threat to the station than the meat monster is ever going to be. In fact, there's no real reason to use anything except synthmeat - it can be harvested in ludicrous amounts and can be done in the privacy of a hidden room in maint somewhere without anyone ever catching on.

Secondly, 8 TCs is a little expensive for a single critter, even if it's a very strong one. I've railed against how cheap maneaters are before, but it's true that their threat comes from numbers - a single critter, no matter how robust, can be relatively easily avoided and locked down on a station as large as Cog2.

The price might be justified if it could pull in dead players to control it, though. It would avoid the issue where it futilely attempts to charge through a window to get at a monkey three rooms away while ignoring the officer murdering it. Maybe give it some changeling-esque powers - the chaplain can already create lite versions of other antags, so there's precedent there.

I kinda like the idea that it's basically an NPC up until it's strong enough, then it gains self awareness and now can support a random soul as a raging meat hulk