Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow Chaplain to Communicate with Ghosts More
Currently there are a multiple ways a chaplain can communicate with ghosts. He can sometimes hear the ghosts if they stand on him. And ghosts can normally interact wih people by standing over someone and farting or screaming or stuff. But there are problems that i kept noticing people want to fix. The fact that ghosts cant do much and he fact that chaplains cant do much. But this would fix both a little bit. Give the chaplain a cgance to spawn with ectoplasm goggles or eyes. The chaplain can then try to make the ghosts do more, such as be in rituals or conduct an orchestra. This can happen if ghosts can play the piano/organ and can use instruments. People have suggested having a little area for just ghosts like a lobby. I suggest having spirit instruments with it, just for ghosts but can be heard by the living. This area is invisble and can only be seen with the ectoplasm goggles. In here is a small area with some instruments that can be picked up, a piano, and some other objects. The ghosts can then travel to the chapel and if the chaplain has his powers, he can do multiple interactions: Conduct an orchestra, have a meeting with foldable chairs in a circle, or summon satan or possible do a ritual so all humans can see and/or hear he ghost.
Hmm... Alternatively, the chaplain could hear or see ghosts when he/she and the ghosts are in the chapel.

Interesting ideas.
random ectospecs and instruments at start is a good idea.

However what the chaplain needs is an altar.

An altar that can be altered.
things you can do with alter:
pray in front of it(functions same as admin-prayer)
critter corpses can be dragged onto it, for offerings
people corpses too, though they are rejected as offerings if you have a good god.
people can be dragged onto it, a la operating table
sick people may be dragged onto it in order to heal poisons and radiation

As a chaplain your altar can have reagents/materials added to it to change your god (can only be done once)

Discover what can be added
IE pizza for pizza god, ai board for machine god, ectoplasm for Ghost god, which enables all ghosts veiwable by everyone in the chapel

as a traitor chaplain,
You can sacrifice people using a sacrificial knife (7Tc works like cyalume saber only more gory (increased blood spray) and more obvious
turning the altar into a Blood altar (Blood for the blood god)
which then gains a thirst for blood and will grant you evil powers, not sure what powers.
(10-06-2016, 09:36 AM)salix_catus Wrote: An altar that can be altered.
things you can do with alter:
pray in front of it(functions same as admin-prayer)
critter corpses can be dragged onto it, for offerings
people corpses too, though they are rejected as offerings if you have a good god.
people can be dragged onto it, a la operating table
sick people may be dragged onto it in order to heal poisons and radiation

As a chaplain your altar can have reagents/materials added to it to change your god (can only be done once)

Discover what can be added
IE pizza for pizza god, ai board for machine god, ectoplasm for Ghost god, which enables all ghosts veiwable by everyone in the chapel

as a traitor chaplain,
You can sacrifice people using a sacrificial knife (7Tc works like cyalume saber only more gory (increased blood spray) and more obvious
turning the altar into a Blood altar (Blood for the blood god)
which then gains a thirst for blood and will grant you evil powers, not sure what powers.
This is a great idea but for the traitor chaplain, the blood thirst is a little too close to the devilish briefcase. Maybe an anti-vampire for the altar? Reversed abilities of a vampire.
Devilish briefcase? the one with the contracts? kinda similar in demon theme i guess but a blood god isn't a demon per se. maybe after conversion to the blood altar, anybody sacrificed to the altar becomes an npc blood zombie. (zombie sprite but really bloody) these blood zombies follow the traitor chaplain around like guard buddies)
Anyone else remember that blood god gimmick that happened on occasion on LLJK1? Certainly kept the round interesting. I think a lot of the ideas in this thread are pretty good, particularly the altar one.
I wanna worship pizza!
(10-06-2016, 09:59 AM)salix_catus Wrote: Devilish briefcase? the one with the contracts? kinda similar in demon theme i guess but a blood god isn't a demon per se.  maybe after conversion to the blood altar, anybody sacrificed to the altar becomes an npc blood zombie. (zombie sprite but really bloody) these blood zombies follow the traitor chaplain around like guard buddies)

That would work. Create an army of guard buddies, punch someone till they fight back, then take the arrested guy and sacrafice him. Maybe the zombies are played by people, just under a follow the chaplain's order law or mindslave system.
(10-06-2016, 09:59 AM)salix_catus Wrote: Devilish briefcase? the one with the contracts? kinda similar in demon theme i guess but a blood god isn't a demon per se. maybe after conversion to the blood altar, anybody sacrificed to the altar becomes an npc blood zombie. (zombie sprite but really bloody) these blood zombies follow the traitor chaplain around like guard buddies)

I think having the npc look like the sacrificed person but covered with blood to the max on all body parts/clothing and possibly a special sprite for their face, something like weeping blood just to be able to confirm without a doubt that it's not just a clown prank but an actual sacrifice victim.
Let ghosts play the chapel organ like Motzand from Banjo Kazooie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-RyfCNDNNM
(10-06-2016, 03:24 PM)Admiral jimbob Wrote: Let ghosts play the chapel organ like Motzand from Banjo Kazooie

"The reed organ plays a haunting refrain all on its own! Zoinks!"

I approve of this idea. Things to fuck with as a ghost is always good.
(10-06-2016, 03:28 PM)cyberTripping Wrote:
(10-06-2016, 03:24 PM)Admiral jimbob Wrote: Let ghosts play the chapel organ like Motzand from Banjo Kazooie

I double approve FROM THE PAST

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid...5#pid82425
(10-06-2016, 04:39 PM)DreamCarver Wrote:
(10-06-2016, 03:28 PM)cyberTripping Wrote:

I double approve FROM THE PAST

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid...5#pid82425

This is perfect in many ways.
Just reminding people that Chaplains used to be able to hear Ghosts all the time and that it got changed after a huge amount of people would just metagame and tell the Chaplain a bunch of information about the current round or Ghosts would beg the Chaplain to listen to them so they could tell the Chaplain where their bodies were.
What if the Chaplain could only hear them in a specific place like his office or the Secret Room, so he wouldn't be able to act on that information without cutting off his ability to hear them? Then they'd be like "NO WAIT YOU FOOL" as he sprints out with (wrong) information

actually I feel like it could easily be used to troll the chaplain into killing random people too
(10-06-2016, 10:28 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: What if the Chaplain could only hear them in a specific place like his office or the Secret Room, so he wouldn't be able to act on that information without cutting off his ability to hear them? Then they'd be like "NO WAIT YOU FOOL" as he sprints out with (wrong) information

actually I feel like it could easily be used to troll the chaplain into killing random people too

The confession booth?