Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.17 Average
The Farkas house of text walls, ridicule and doomsday preppery
[Image: 60b0cadfdc.jpg]
I've spoken with Dions and here's what we've come up with, Vuk.

The server your playstyle belongs to is LLJK 2.

Examples of LLJK2 behavior:
" like he was a mechanic one round i was playing and he would not fuck off from medbay, he kept asking to be let into seperate rooms"
"and then would come back and if i wasnt around he'd start to break in"
Please note that even on #2, being a powergamer who hacks their way everywhere and steals everything while taking it upon themselves to interfere in every little issue, then complains about 'shitcurity' when they interfere is not a playstyle that wins you any favors.

And murdering people who get in your way when you do so is going to get you banned regardless of what server you're on.
(10-06-2016, 05:35 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Vuk. Please. Stip for two minutes, take a deep, deep breath, and slowly exhale.

The point of a ban is to give you time to reflect on YOUR actions that led to a ban (and yes, to remove you from the game as pinishment).

Your reasoning in this thread seems to be: I'm against people stealing and griefing UNLESS IT'S ME doing it.

You complain about people stealing then immediately go on to talk about specific times that you have stolen. You complain about griefers, yet you beat the clown to death.

I play as mechanic quite often but have never had issues with being called a thief or for being in areas I don't have access to. The main reason: I communicate with others and ask for permission. If I don't get permission, I move on to something else.

This thread is an accurate representation of your play style and any interaction I've had with you. You seem to forget that there are actual people controlling the other characters around the ship. Things aren't always going to go your way.

PS: The clown is always annoying and that's what makes them funny. Befriend the clowns. They are silent heroes.

I got banned for my rulebreakig fine, its suppoused to be that way, but i dislike when its done without proper investigation, also i am not saying i am against stealing and griefing unless i'm doing it, but i was trying to show difference between taking an item no one used the whole damn round and taking an item which is used by someone at the wery moment... also besides that revolver can anyone say what i took? what i actually stole? (and no copied and fabricated stuff aplies here). Also mind telling when was i breaking windows and walls to let air escape or similar? (well not counting the bug where screwdriver punches a hole in the station if it hits the hidden wall, which i discovered by accident)
(10-06-2016, 04:37 PM)Vuk Farkas Wrote: (and no copied and fabricated stuff aplies here)

[Image: 72292_1364595756886_full.png]
hey ya cannot blame a mechanic for stealing medigogles if he scanned it and fabricated which happens quite often... which i use on my adventures... and i like mesonic eye implant which i almoust never get.... i remember one MD forbiding i get it "why would a mechanic need the mesonic eye implant?"... well saves me inv space not to lug the handheld in my bag, i can have mesonic vision and check injuries on players and myself... comes in handy a lot! heck when i was playing as a roboticist i must say i often did NOTHING but make one AI shell, borgs would either repair eachother or be repaired by engineers (or whoever can use a welder), its ironic that no adventurer uses a camera eye, which would help a lot really...hmm i should hone up on my surgery skills...
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're not getting the point here.
I don't think he is. Like, sure, some people say no but most of us are happy to share or swap services or whatever.

He just really isn't getting past 'it's okay if *I* do it, but anyone else gets beaten or murdered'.
o snap that burn was fire oh no everything in this thread is on fire o snap that burn was fire

No, literally, what is even going on? This looks like a trainwreck.
(10-06-2016, 05:33 PM)WrongEnd Wrote: o snap that burn was fire oh no everything in this thread is on fire o snap that burn was fire

No, literally, what is even going on? This looks like a trainwreck.
 Because it is a trainwreck
(10-06-2016, 02:02 PM)Hokie Wrote: I've spoken with Dions and here's what we've come up with, Vuk.

The server your playstyle belongs to is LLJK 2.

Examples of LLJK2 behavior:
" like he was a mechanic one round i was playing and he would not fuck off from medbay, he kept asking to be let into seperate rooms"
"and then would come back and if i wasnt around he'd start to break in"
Yes one round imagine that, i hacked in to scan things which for some reason medics didnt let me do even if it is my job... even if i did explain my job and RP
in the same time, but nope apparently some peeps dont want to have backups of their vital gear, and when shit hits the fan mechanic gets blamed why he didnt make copies... and do ya guys even check engineering? usually the entire wing is hacked just to keep the station running (mining and QM being the most hacked places) or just to get the pods there, which is accepted as normal, but gods forbid a mechanic PDA hacks a medbay door to scan fabricators, dispencers and other gear (especially the defibs which along with scanners tend to get stolen often) and prints spares so doctors can do their jobs, and crew has their own too for emergencies (after all the upgraded devices pretty much tell you the cure)

(10-06-2016, 05:31 PM)The_Rain Wrote: I don't think he is. Like, sure, some people say no but most of us are happy to share or swap services or whatever.

He just really isn't getting past 'it's okay if *I* do it, but anyone else gets beaten or murdered'.

i didnt say its ok, but some of ya seem to so focus on few things that ya completely miss the picture...

some of ya basically see breaking into EVA to get the fire extinguisher grenades to stop the fire in escape same as breaking into EVA to steal the RCD or space gear
One is for the good other is bad and some peeps completely miss that

And of course there are moments when someone pisses ya off so much ya wanna stun them to hell or whatever takes to make them leave ya alone...
Sadly not even death seems to make certain peeps stop...
And i end up doing stupid things...
No one has any problem with you scanning things. It's when you break in and/or steal stuff that people get annoyed.
All you can do is ask to be let into a department to scan vital equipment. If the person in that department doesn't let you in, you have done all that is expected or desired of you and you should go somewhere else. Wanting to scan things is not a good reason to break into a department on Destiny. 

If you desire some piece of equipment from another department and no-one is around to give it to you or let you scan it, ask the AI. If the AI doesn't respond, you should just leave without that equipment. Breaking into departments because you kinda want something is not okay. 

Also, this is a side note, but my experience with you has been that you're rude and unpleasant. I was trying to learn Mechanics by setting up a terminal in the Mechanics office, and you chewed me out for it when I asked for help. You said that I should have read the wiki and made some comment about building my own room to test in instead of "ruining a functioning one". This ban and the disposition of other players towards you does not surprise me.
(10-06-2016, 05:39 PM)Vuk Farkas Wrote: And i end up doing stupid things...

Well you're not wrong, but "I'm fucking stupid" isnt an excuse for rulebreaking, as one might imagine
(10-06-2016, 05:39 PM)Vuk Farkas Wrote: Yes one round imagine that, i hacked in to scan things which for some reason medics didnt let me do even if it is my job... even if i did explain my job and RP
in the same time, but nope apparently some peeps dont want to have backups of their vital gear, and when shit hits the fan mechanic gets blamed why he didnt make copies...

It is not your job to break in to scan things in the same way that it's not the job of scientists to break into the bar to get access to the alcohol dispensers for mixing their chems. I'll say that again, because you don't seem to be getting it: if you can't get in to do "your job", breaking in is not part of your job. There's possible grey areas here: for example, should a doctor hack through a door in order to save someone who they got a medical alert for on their PDA? I would still argue not, not least of all because "why does this doctor know how to hack through a door?". Get someone else to open it, such as the AI, the captain, the HoP, the HoS, or any other crewmember with access. If you are going to break in, get permission.

LLJK1 is an RP server. Conflicts with fellow crew members are absolutely okay on an RP server. If the medical director is tired of people running around medbay like it's a playground, they are absolutely able to say "no, you can't come in unless the captain says you can". If medbay ends up with destroyed equipment because of it (this is very rare during extended rounds... I think I've only seen it happen in the pharmacy when people are using it for pyrotechnic experimentation like idiots, or incredibly rarely when a griefer takes it upon themselves to blow up some part of it) then just throw it back at them.

In-character grievances are pretty commonplace: engineering hates most everyone for blowing up parts of the ship, medbay hates research for the constant influx of scientists who have managed to blow themselves up/give themselves sarin poisoning/something else entirely stupid, security hates most everyone for their shenanigans. These are in-character conflicts. If you come limping into medbay drunk off your ass I am totally within my rights to chastise your life choices as I treat you. Heck, I'd say that I probably should be doing that.

(10-06-2016, 05:39 PM)Vuk Farkas Wrote: and do ya guys even check engineering? usually the entire wing is hacked just to keep the station running (mining and QM being the most hacked places) or just to get the pods there, which is accepted as normal, but gods forbid a mechanic PDA hacks a medbay door to scan fabricators, dispencers and other gear (especially the defibs which along with scanners tend to get stolen often) and prints spares so doctors can do their jobs, and crew has their own too for emergencies (after all the upgraded devices pretty much tell you the cure)

This is very rarely the case; I've played at all hours of the day and we generally have a QM. The QM using the conveyor to sneak into mining is somewhat a given if there's no miner; if you don't like it, try playing QM for an entire round without getting bored. Mechanics basically have a near-infinite number of things they can be doing: scanning things (as you are so fond of), repairing damage, adding features at a department's request (e.g. the RD wanting an alcohol dispenser in chemistry), and we haven't even touched mechcomp or messing with packets yet which you can spend an entire round messing with without scanning a single thing with no problem.

(10-06-2016, 05:39 PM)Vuk Farkas Wrote: i didnt say its ok, but some of ya seem to so focus on few things that ya completely miss the picture...

some of ya basically see breaking into EVA to get the fire extinguisher grenades to stop the fire in escape same as breaking into EVA to steal the RCD or space gear
One is for the good other is bad and some peeps completely miss that
Literally every head has access to EVA, it is still not your job to break in to get the grenades to put them out. You have a firesuit and a fire extinguisher, unless you are given access to the grenades you should not just break in to use them.

The RCD is a device that is capable of huge amounts of destruction in the wrong hands, which is why it's kept to a head-only area. I would view unauthorised access to an RCD (whether you've stolen it or made your own) as comparable to unauthorised access to lethal weapons (which, by the way, you seem totally okay to produce for your own use without any sort of conversation with security or department heads or higher).

These two crimes are different in the same way that punching someone and stabbing them with a screwdriver are different. They are both crimes, one is just more severe. You might even get away with breaking into EVA in the fire fighting grenades scenario, as sec may well just turn a blind eye, but they are still entitled to ask you what you're doing and for you to drop what you stole.

(10-06-2016, 05:39 PM)Vuk Farkas Wrote: And of course there are moments when someone pisses ya off so much ya wanna stun them to hell or whatever takes to make them leave ya alone...
Sadly not even death seems to make certain peeps stop...
And i end up doing stupid things...
If someone's not literally harming you (i.e. causing damage to your person) you should not escalate to lethal force, ever. They can shove you, they can fart in your face, they can steal your sweetrolls... tell security and/or use non-lethal means to fight back (e.g. slipping, disarming, stunning). I can think of very few reasons to ever escalate to lethal force until they already have, and attacking someone who's clearly running away until they're dead is never okay. Never. Your serious emotional issues do not justify it.

(Obviously some of the above goes out of the window on LLJK2, but on LLJK1 and especially when it's on extended, you should not be killing folks.)