Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security records replaced by thinkdos terminals
Security had the computers with records for crew and fingerprints, not they're all just ThinkDos terminals.
The Thinkdos terminals have a program on them which allows you to access those.
(10-03-2016, 10:17 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: The Thinkdos terminals have a program on them which allows you to access those.

Which is a horrible QoL change.
The old security computers are not updated anymore, people place them in maps instead of the thinkdos style ones on accident afaik. They work nearly the same, you just have to type "login" and then "secmate" to use them. It's exactly the same as the medical records computers.
I know it's different, but they really aren't that complicated to use. Having only the two standard sorts of record computers makes the coders' lives way easier when we want to add something to the records, since they all need updating.
(10-04-2016, 05:11 AM)Haine Wrote: The old security computers are not updated anymore, people place them in maps instead of the thinkdos style ones on accident afaik.  They work nearly the same, you just have to type "login" and then "secmate" to use them.  It's exactly the same as the medical records computers.

It's a gross keyboard only thing space bear
They aren't being switched back, sorry! You'll have to just deal with typing a couple things when you want to edit the sec records!!
Wait, does this mean the detective's forensics record filing cabinet got axed too?
Ugh I forgot that was technically an old security computer.  UGH.  UGH!
HECK!!!!
I think you mean his brand new ThinkDOS filing cabinet!
Some banjo thing somebody bought for some great re
I felt the general consensus was to move away from thinkdos for general computer systems. See: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=379
I'd like to see a more streamlined computer system that actually feeds info, see: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=5656
That said I don't know if going the Thinkdos way is the best course of action.
(10-04-2016, 03:14 PM)Haine Wrote: Ugh I forgot that was technically an old security computer.  UGH.  UGH!
HECK!!!!

Wait, if the file cabinet gets changed in the detective's VR, it would become completely unusable due to a complete inability to bring an ID card with you.