Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grody Gizmo and other
I'm against changing the core Pathology framework though some of those ideas might work as high end symptoms. The idea of a symbiote is fun but really isn't quite pathology. Still I would love to see it implemented. I've been rooting for genetics and pathology to be combined into a 'biological research' department for some time. Having a third thing to research (the symbiote) might make it worthwhile.
More beneficial high-end symptoms. More beneficial symptoms in general. I concur with Erev's ideas.
ferriswheel1
Dude, I love these ideas, but you've got to format correctly or noone will want to read em.

Well i suck at formatting text i got no sence on how to do it... ya can format it for me haahahha. But no seriously i'm such an anti talent for that, cause the way i function, i even failed the courses in text processing...
Don't worry, it's really simple. The best way I can suggest is to read what you've written back to yourself, out loud preferably, to see how it sounds. Avoid long, run on sentences and try to break up long blocks of text with paragraphs. Try using proper spelling, and avoid using unnecessary shortenings of words like "yer" "ya" and all that.

The key, really is being concise. Use only the words you need, and cut down large blocks of text. Your writing tends to be very "stream of thought" style, but I would try to avoid simply blurting your thoughts out onto a keyboard. A forum is not a book, so people don't want to read massive wodges of text. Whether there are good ideas contained within or not.
Also theme your paragraphs. Say you've got a rad idea about making a robotic cow in botany that eats crops and makes milk. Here's how you could format that, broken down into what each paragraph should be doing

How to format your ideas, in paragraph form
  1. Introduce the idea, give a brief summary of the idea.
  2. Go into detail about one core aspect of the idea
  3. Same as before. Keep doing this for each aspect that needs explanation, until you've covered all of them.
  4. Once you've talked about each feature independently, explain how it all comes together to add something to the game. 
Don't be afraid to use bullet points, lists, headers, etc. It'll allow the eye to flow over the work and absorb what you have to say better. As a comparison. I'm going to repost everything I just said, without formatting. 

Also theme your paragraphs. Say you've got a rad idea about making a robotic cow in botany that eats crops and makes milk. Here's how you could format that, broken down into what each paragraph should be doing. How to format your ideas, in paragraph form. Introduce the idea, give a brief summary of the idea. Go into detail about one core aspect of the idea. Same as before. Keep doing this for each aspect that needs explanation, until you've covered all of them. Once you've talked about each feature independently, explain how it all comes together to add something to the game. Don't be afraid to use bullet points, lists, headers, etc. It'll allow the eye to flow over the work and absorb what you have to say better. As a comparison. I'm going to repost everything I just said, without formatting. 

Now which was easier to read?