Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HydroHelper Goggles
Alright, so this is an idea that I've been sitting on for a while. The long and short of it is that i noticed that every department has their own set of cool glasses that helps with the job they do, except for the civilian department.

So i thought, hey wouldn't it be cool if botany had a pair of goggles that acted like prodocs for plants, that showed you the plants health and maybe if it was mutant or spliced as well at the other side and could be used as a plant analyzer on examine.

I also thought it would be cool if they could take a reagent scan upgrade which would allow them to tell you what's in the trays, since spectrogoggles don't work on plant trays.

I also actually decided to try actually spriting some of these.

The goggles themselves.
[Image: fc8f6ace37.png]
The goggles with the reagent scan upgrade inserted.
[Image: e25097ede1.png]
The reagent scan upgrade itself
[Image: 0dfb666e2c.png]
And an alternate version of the upgrade that's a little more telling of it's functionality
[Image: 1bce5ee75d.png]
and the 32x32 versions of the sprites
[Image: 932124f318.png][Image: b331d6d28d.png][Image: 9fd21c1ae1.png][Image: 50e3a89047.png]
Thoughts?
Darn, those goggles look good. Don't you need a worn sprite for em as well though?
(10-02-2016, 05:49 AM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: Darn, those goggles look good. Don't you need a worn sprite for em as well though?

Yeah, also sprites for the health indicators, but i haven't gotten around to them yet, i wanted to see if people liked the idea first.
Love the idea. It sparked me to dream big and come up with this, too.
(10-02-2016, 08:39 AM)Mordent Wrote: Love the idea. It sparked me to dream big and come up with this, too.

I saw, absolutely love the ideas posted in there too.
Looks great. My one constructive criticism would be to make the upgraded goggles a bit more obvious (thinking of prodocs). As they are now, the slight variation in color is difficult to see.