Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Chaplainium and Athium
This is an idea that came up in the IRC and as such i claim no credit for it, because i can't remember who's idea it was.

You should be able to smelt down the chaplains bible, to make chaplainium, and the intellectual fedora, to make athium.

The idea was that Chaplanium would carry the same effects as the bible, such as being able to gib someone upon farting on it and that if combined with athium in the nanosmelter would cause a flash of light that blinds whoever looks at it.

Since then i've thought of a few more ideas to add to it

Athium should render the chapel harmless for wizards and vampires as well as nullify the effects of farting on/being hit by the bible. Chaplanium should also carry the healing powers of the bible, just imagine it, you could make healing arrows, or jumpsuits that you can heal people with by beating the shit out of people with them. Combining the two should just result in standard steel as well as aforementioned flash of light. Though i do like the idea of them exploding violently on contact and vaporising themselves instead.
I've always wished there was a way to make bible-infused floor tiles.
i want to play a game.

*forcefeeds you eggs in a room flloored in bible metal*
i like this idea, actually
use bibles to create healing, yet fartgibbing alloys
I don't really like the idea of people busting into the chapel to steal the only two bibles more than they already do. Maybe the chaplain would have a way to "bless" metal, or holy water could be used somehow?
(10-01-2016, 05:54 PM)Arborinus Wrote: I don't really like the idea of people busting into the chapel to steal the only two bibles more than they already do. Maybe the chaplain would have a way to "bless" metal, or holy water could be used somehow?

Or maybe we could give him the ability to bless more books, and make them into bibles.

For extra kicks we could make them keep the same sprite and contained text as beforehand.

I would start the church of space law in a heartbeat.
splash holy water on steel
there. chaplainium
(10-01-2016, 06:14 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: splash holy water on steel
there. chaplainium

If we make it THAT easy, then people will plate the entire hallway with Chaplanium floortiles making every fart lethal.

Which admittedly would be absolutely HILARIOUS for the first few times, but it'd lose it's novelty quickly.
My qualms with this suggestion are fears of what turbonerds could do with it.

It would follow turbonerd syndrome, in which a feature is fun when introduced/discovered, then run into the ground, and then finally nerfed or removed.
On a related note, I've been vaguely wanting to add unholy water to the game, with the formula of holy water + urine. It would have the same properties as holy water, except it burns non-undead instead of burning undead.
(10-01-2016, 07:52 PM)Grek Wrote: On a related note, I've been vaguely wanting to add unholy water to the game, with the formula of holy water + urine. It would have the same properties as holy water, except it burns non-undead instead of burning undead.

And items splashed with it can't be dropped or unequipped and are avoided by bees.
(10-01-2016, 06:40 PM)Mageziya Wrote: My qualms with this suggestion are fears of what turbonerds could do with it.

It would follow turbonerd syndrome, in which a feature is fun when introduced/discovered, then run into the ground, and then finally nerfed or removed.

There's a limit to what turbonerds can do with it, because you can only really have two pieces of Chaplainium at any given time due to the lack of bibles, less even, because the Chaplain is very unlikely to want to give you one
(10-01-2016, 10:26 PM)Superlagg Wrote:
(10-01-2016, 07:52 PM)Grek Wrote: On a related note, I've been vaguely wanting to add unholy water to the game, with the formula of holy water + urine. It would have the same properties as holy water, except it burns non-undead instead of burning undead.

And items splashed with it can't be dropped or unequipped and are avoided by bees.

Nethack? Is that you?
>DROP

You can't. It is cursed.
(10-03-2016, 04:29 AM)DreamCarver Wrote: >DROP

You can't. It is cursed.

Does this mean we can make cluwne clothes? I see dark times ahead.