Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nanofabs and material processors on mining outpost?
The mining outpost is great! Except it has no material processors or nanofabs at all. Just the portable reclaimer, which seems to be broken at the moment. It's a nice place to go - especially on Destiny, where mining gets kinda packed.
Yes please. I was disappointed when I saw no processors and fabricators with the arc smelter.
the mining outpost is officially decommissioned. it would be strange for it to receive new equipment. but the stuff should be made scannable and buildable if it isnt already, to let you put some there yourself
I don't see a problem with it. Gives a place for people to make stuff in secret too, I guess. Then again I know practically nothing of the new system so I should probably shut up and stuff.
(10-02-2016, 05:20 AM)misto Wrote: the mining outpost is officially decommissioned. it would be strange for it to receive new equipment. but the stuff should be made scannable and buildable if it isnt already, to let you put some there yourself

Really? Short of the mining magnet being initially broken, I don't see this making sense. The thing starts with charged SMES/APCs, after all, and no sustainable power source (solars), so would have discharged in short order if not really used. I haven't seen any documents laying around the outpost that support this theory, but am happy to be disproved.

In either case, yes, add the NanoWhatsits to the mechanic's "to analyse" list. Heck, with the tech outpost there you wouldn't even really need a mechanic to do it.
I think it's a good idea. The more functionality the mining outpost gets, the less old nerds whine in every single mining thread about how on-station mining was the death of mining and to do away with the mineral magnet.
(10-02-2016, 08:37 AM)Mordent Wrote:
(10-02-2016, 05:20 AM)misto Wrote: the mining outpost is officially decommissioned. it would be strange for it to receive new equipment. but the stuff should be made scannable and buildable if it isnt already, to let you put some there yourself

Really? Short of the mining magnet being initially broken, I don't see this making sense. The thing starts with charged SMES/APCs, after all, and no sustainable power source (solars), so would have discharged in short order if not really used. I haven't seen any documents laying around the outpost that support this theory, but am happy to be disproved.

In either case, yes, add the NanoWhatsits to the mechanic's "to analyse" list. Heck, with the tech outpost there you wouldn't even really need a mechanic to do it.

There's also the crates FILLED with char next to the furnaces that you can use to power the mining outpost.
Sadly arc smelter cant be scanned and nanofabs that replaced workbenches cannot be scanned either! which is kinda stupid considering they are the most useful thing for any tinkerer and adventurer! also the portable reclaimers cannot be scanned! Someone should really make those either craftable or scanable! Oh and putting a PDA cartridge mechanics use in the mechanics lockers would help a lot when no one started as a mechanic....
(10-02-2016, 04:08 PM)VukĀ Farkas Wrote: Sadly arc smelter cant be scanned and nanofabs that replaced workbenches cannot be scanned either! which is kinda stupid considering they are the most useful thing for any tinkerer and adventurer! also the portable reclaimers cannot be scanned! Someone should really make those either craftable or scanable! Oh and putting a PDA cartridge mechanics use in the mechanics lockers would help a lot when no one started as a mechanic....

The arc smelter is understandable, as it's pretty freaking huge. but reclaimers, and nanofabs should totally be scannable.
I'd be happy if the things were scannable, yeah. In my case, it's less 'oh my god on ship mining blows' because I like being on ship and more that sometimes there's just too many miners. I'd rather just relocate or change jobs than shove someone out of the way.

I'm okay with arc smelters as is, but it's impossible to make stuff without at least the processor and the reclaimer is funky.