Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Genevend! Or how to turn genetics into a bunch of money grubbing maniacs.
I enjoy this idea a lot. I think it could not only give geneticists a reason to live, but turn the entire station into a wonderful genetic clusterfuck
Who was it that suggested we have some sort of ADAM/EVE Bioshock references in something that increased genetic stability?

I like the idea of chems that increase your stability to prevent backfires but are addictive/rare, and chems (pseudo-EVE) that let you use your powers more often. Regenerate your gene-juice, if you will. They'd become in high demand for genetic freaks and could be potentially illicit substances for a Paranoia-esque station that frowns on mutation. You can't really accidentally get good genetic powers, though.

What if there was a genetic trait, 2 or possibly even 3 points, that let you start with one beneficial mutation already active? "Beneficial" being anything useful, even the "useful" ones like un-synchronized biomass manipulation.
(10-03-2016, 04:16 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Who was it that suggested we have some sort of ADAM/EVE Bioshock references in something that increased genetic stability?

I like the idea of chems that increase your stability to prevent backfires but are addictive/rare, and chems (pseudo-EVE) that let you use your powers more often. Regenerate your gene-juice, if you will. They'd become in high demand for genetic freaks and could be potentially illicit substances for a Paranoia-esque station that frowns on mutation. You can't really accidentally get good genetic powers, though.

What if there was a genetic trait, 2 or possibly even 3 points, that let you start with one beneficial mutation already active? "Beneficial" being anything useful, even the "useful" ones like un-synchronized biomass manipulation.

The ADAM/EVE idea is pretty great, the stability increasing chem should be available in the genevend for some ridiculous while the powerup seems like it would probably be something that should totally be illegal. 

The stabilizer should have a really slow absorption rate in your body, making it worth it to ingest like 40 units at once, keeping you stable for a while, while the Powerup would probably be absorbed pretty quickly, so a juiced up mutant could totally take down a couple sec officers if they're quick enough, but if they drag it out they're definitely screwed.