Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Give the bible actual bible notes! but modificated ones
I think the bible should be added with some notes from the actual bible, but modificated ones, and the pages shall have funny stuff, why? because in every meeting of the church the chaplain reads a note of the bible for everyone, so i think it would be fun if the chaplain could read some notes of the bible, 

AND as well, allow chaplain to modificate the bible pages. and change the holy history

EXAMPLE:
Genesis:
It started off when god created created earth, in the first day, he created night and day.
Second day he created the sky and ocean.
Third day he added the plants and some horrific creatures known by ''maneaters''
Fourth day he created the moon and sun.
Fifth day he created fishes and birds
Sixth day he created the humans and animals,
He created two humans whom were named Adan and Eva,both had two sons, Cain, the botanist man, and Abel, the keeper of animals, one day they both offered their trendings to the god, Cain brought some weird chilli peppers with glowing rainbow colours and some tomatoes, Abel brought a single sheep, god came and tasted both of the stuff, first god tasted Cain's offers, when he tasted the chilli pepper, god was disgusted and started to vomit, he moved on to the tomatoes. apparently cain said that if you throw the tomatoes at the floor something fun will happen, god tried it infront of his face, and he exploded, god ignored cains offers and checked onto abels offer, he liked the sheep was seemed to be more interested in abels offers, cain was jealous and mad, god asked, Why are you deppresed and angered, cain?, Cain seemed to be quiet, the next day cain murdered abel, god came punishing cain and giving him a mark, later cain left the town and went to live and he died, and became a wraith.
sorry mate. the old chaplain cut out most of the interior pages of the bibles for hiding things in
I don't really think it's appropriate to make fun of the bible to the extent of parody in our spaceman game. A lot of people take it very seriously, and this seems uncouth.
(09-28-2016, 11:53 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: I don't really think it's appropriate to make fun of the bible to the extent of parody in our spaceman game. A lot of people take it very seriously, and this seems uncouth.

^

I think the chaplain, whatever religion they may be, is a job you're free to take as seriously or as non-seriously as you wish. After all, you're not attacking any specific religion, you're just being a lousy chaplain. (or imam, or any of the other possible titles you may infer upon yourself with a neat hat and uniform)

But I'm not sure the admins, who have rules against bigotry in all forms, want to open up fights about double standards.
(09-28-2016, 11:53 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: I don't really think it's appropriate to make fun of the bible to the extent of parody in our spaceman game. A lot of people take it very seriously, and this seems uncouth.

It's the best selling fantasy novel out there.

Jokes aside, we should keep any references to specific religions out of the game out of respect to both people who believe in whatever invisible sky monster and people who don't.
Perhaps as an alternative we should make it so that you can write your own notes and passages in it
(09-29-2016, 07:31 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Perhaps as an alternative we should make it so that you can write your own notes and passages in it

You could probably already do this by stuffing papers in the bible container.
How about a mad libs sheet that you fill out and then it generates something that sounds kinda religiousy using the words you put in?

"Blessed be the _________, whom delivered us from the evils of _________, __________, and ,__________ and delivered us into the land of _________. May we give thanks unto _________ and pray for many eons more of ___________"
Dude, I think the word you are looking for is "modify" I don't think modificate is even a word.
Blessed be the walrus whom delivered us from the evils of clowns and loafs and delivered us into the land of weed May we give thanks unto the walrus and pray for many eons more of meth."

Amen
Do religious sorts even play this futuristic farting simulator?
(09-29-2016, 04:20 PM)SpaceNaba Wrote: Do religious sorts even play this futuristic farting simulator?

Yes, we do.
That would peg the Chaplain as pseudo-Christian, and that would interfere with my Synagogue of Buddhislam and Reticent Silicons. Furthermore, it detracts from the primary (non-fart) purpose of the Bible: hiding my booze.

If anything I'd prefer other Bible-skins be added. You know, the Torah, the Quaran, the Book of the Dead, the Necronomicon, the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, etc. I say this in this thread (and not in it's own) because it's been brought up dozens of times and I'm too lazy to make sprites for it anyways.
(09-29-2016, 10:15 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: That would peg the Chaplain as pseudo-Christian, and that would interfere with my Synagogue of Buddhislam and Reticent Silicons. Furthermore, it detracts from the primary (non-fart) purpose of the Bible: hiding my booze.

If anything I'd prefer other Bible-skins be added. You know, the Torah, the Quaran, the Book of the Dead, the Necronomicon, the Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy, etc. I say this in this thread (and not in it's own) because it's been brought up dozens of times and I'm too lazy to make sprites for it anyways.

Yeah, we don't actually want the chaplain as pseudo-anything specifically, and adding text to the bible would kinda feel like it locked in what sort of religion they were, more bible skins and such so that we can pretend to be whatever sort of religious wackjob we want would be great though.
(09-29-2016, 10:50 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: How about a mad libs sheet that you fill out and then it generates something that sounds kinda religiousy using the words you put in?

"Blessed be the _________, whom delivered us from the evils of _________, __________, and ,__________ and delivered us into the land of _________. May we give thanks unto _________ and pray for many eons more of ___________"

this sounds ok. kind of like sec's miranda rights shit and the detective's old "yeeeaah" sound effect gimmick that nobody bothers with anymore