Poll: Who has higher authority?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Captain (Green Hat Brigade)
42.86%
42 42.86%
Head of Security (Beret All The Way)
35.71%
35 35.71%
Clown (Trash option for people who don't care)
21.43%
21 21.43%
Total 98 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 1.62 Average
Chain of Command: Captain or HoS
Also the HoS usually has an awesome beard or mustache and that's totally how you know leadership happens. Or at least some kind of legal power.
(09-30-2016, 01:00 PM)The_Rain Wrote: Also the HoS usually has an awesome beard or mustache and that's totally how you know leadership happens. Or at least some kind of legal power.
You're biased.
(09-29-2016, 10:59 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(09-29-2016, 01:45 PM)APARTHEID Wrote: And we've come full circle to the Clown being in charge of the station.

I'll always trust a good clown over the other two.

I agree, both as a clown player and non-clown player. I have often discovered traitors and told the captain, who tells me to go away, then I tell the HoS who actually gets off their ass and does stuff. Clowns are great.

I think the Captain has authority unless the captain is personally involved in the order/crime. e.g. the captain can't order security to stop arresting him after he kills a guy
(09-30-2016, 03:02 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(09-29-2016, 10:59 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(09-29-2016, 01:45 PM)APARTHEID Wrote: And we've come full circle to the Clown being in charge of the station.

I'll always trust a good clown over the other two.

I agree, both as a clown player and non-clown player. I have often discovered traitors and told the captain, who tells me to go away, then I tell the HoS who actually gets off their ass and does stuff. Clowns are great.

I think the Captain has authority unless the captain is personally involved in the order/crime. e.g. the captain can't order security to stop arresting him after he kills a guy

A smart captain finds a way to have the HoS kill for him.
im pretty sure the captain is in charge

it doesnt matter if he's incompetent or whatever, the way the game works is not by like creating the most ideal and functional situation for people to efficiently and diligently do their jobs in

also teddy was right, if it DOES come up where the hos and captain are feuding and disagreeing about something, I know I sure as shit wouldn't just choose which one to listen to based on their choice of hats, I'd go with whoever I agreed with

also the only reason hos is "more trusted" is cause they cant be a traitor and get big guns
alla yall is scum
Why was this thread dredged back up again, let it die
If this thread got pulled back up, than I guess I can throw my opinion in.
On LLJK2: Treat the captain like a staff assistant with all access and a gun. I will trust the guy who can't be an antag, thanks.
LLJK1: I don't play on 1 but if I did play there I would listen to the captain over hos.
dammit bubs you slow hunk of lard
Yeah, I don't think I'm Necro-ing, but, the captain is the leader of the ship, and the HoS is the leader of security. Therefor, in my humble opinion, the Captain has more authority.
However, his word doesn't matter if no-one listens to him.
Ignoring the fact that HOS is a role picked by the admins. I think captain's orders should take precedence.

That said, if Captain is an idiot and his orders are likely to break space law, I think all of the Heads of staff should be able to break from captain and if necessary adminhelp him, then redistribute the responsibility that captain ignored among themselves.

edit: Or if they really want to continue their current jobs, give the role of captain to somebody else.

HOS's situation is weird because his powers expand above captain in some places, but he can't necessarily run around and command the other departments unless he's acting captain.

That said if I was captain I'd be an idiot so I wouldn't ask the other heads to do anything.
(10-19-2016, 08:32 AM)atomic1fire Wrote: Ignoring the fact that HOS is a role picked by the admins.

HoS players are chosen by other players in the game. The admins only accept or deny applications once a good amount of people weighed in their thoughts.
If you ask me, the captain's (Or any head's besides the hos for that matter) authority comes from lore, and nobody gives a damn about lore on LLJK2. The Hos gets a pass because they are hand-picked by the community and admins, so players tend to respect them.
I think a much more important debate would be whether it's called Botany or Hydroponics/"Hydro".
Bow down to SS13's one true leader.

[Image: Randy_Savage_1986.jpg]
Are you forgetting someone?
[Image: Jobclown.png]