Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Blood Replacement
Alright, so as the updated blood system currently is the reagents in your bloodstream count towards your current blood total regardless of what they are which means that, in theory, if you had 500 units of ethanol, or water, or cheese or anything else inside you instead of blood, you would be absolutely fine.

So i'd like to suggest that we leave this as a feature, and increase the reagent capacity of humans to 500 so that we can properly replace peoples blood, because this is just too hilarious to be removed.
I thought this had been a thing for a long while. Huh.
(09-27-2016, 10:08 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Alright, so as the updated blood system currently is the reagents in your bloodstream count towards your current blood total regardless of what they are which means that, in theory, if you had 500 units of ethanol, or water, or cheese or anything else inside you instead of blood, you would be absolutely fine.

So i'd like to suggest that we leave this as a feature, and increase the reagent capacity of humans to 500 so that we can properly replace peoples blood, because this is just too hilarious to be removed.

But don't all reagents eventually deplete?
Assuming this is true, while you could have alcohol instead of blood, it will deplete over time and leave you an empty husk, that or you'd have to drink alcohol constantly, fighting rapidly increasing toxin damage and the worst drunkeness known to man.

Feature.

(side note: with the new system, i'm assuming blood doesn't deplete?)
(09-28-2016, 10:17 AM)Sundance Wrote: But don't all reagents eventually deplete?
Assuming this is true, while you could have alcohol instead of blood, it will deplete over time and leave you an empty husk, that or you'd have to drink alcohol constantly, fighting rapidly increasing toxin damage and the worst drunkeness known to man.

Feature.

(side note: with the new system, i'm assuming blood doesn't deplete?)

You replenish blood naturally, so if you manage to match your rate of blood replenishment with the rate of reagent depletion then you sit at the same total blood level, your body just eventually replaces whatever's in it with blood.

Of course, if you mismatch (one way or the other), you're going to end up hypo/hypertensive.
I there currently a way to cure hypertension in a patient? 

I performed a full body enhancement on an officer yesterday and after replacing his heart, he became hypertensive. I tried using a bloodbag set to draw to pull some blood from his veins. 

He was cured eventually but I'm not sure if that was what "cured" him because there where a lot of chems in his bloodstream and the surgery went on for a while after.
(09-29-2016, 07:09 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: I there currently a way to cure hypertension in a patient? 

I performed a full body enhancement on an officer yesterday and after replacing his heart, he became hypertensive. I tried using a bloodbag set to draw to pull some blood from his veins. 

He was cured eventually but I'm not sure if that was what "cured" him because there where a lot of chems in his bloodstream and the surgery went on for a while after.

Anything that can reduce either blood volume (stabbing, bloodbags, syringes) or reagent volume (hunchback, calomel, insulin, etc.) can potentially cure hypertension as far as i understand it