Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chaplain.
I'm not sure what to think , but why were the immunity of wizard spells removed from the chaplain?

Kind of makes the wizard unstoppable by anyone, seeing as the only person who could actually stand up to the wizard before was the chaplain...

:?
There were a good number of people complaining in OOC on the round the changelog announced it.
Yeah honestly wizards are already fucking hard enough to kill, and spell "immunity" doesn't cover his ability to do everything else. Why is he getting yet another buff?
Wizard isn't actually that hard to stop.
The only real winning factor lately towards wizards is more the moronic response from the crew.
Namely the idiots attacking security in an attempt to stop them from stopping the wizards.

That and skeletons.
God damn.
Lainge Wrote:Wizard isn't actually that hard to stop.
The only real winning factor lately towards wizards is more the moronic response from the crew.
Namely the idiots attacking security in an attempt to stop them from stopping the wizards.

That and skeletons.
God damn.
Officer running towards the place where the wizard was just spotted with his taser out? BETTER DISARM HIM AND STEAL IT

WIZARD NUKED ME WHERE IS SEC SHITSEC SHITSEC
Oh yeah wizards are too powerful oh no their endless rounds of winning game after game will surely never stop now that the chaplain is no longer immune to their spells it's not like they've been stopped before oh no.
GorillaMyDreams Wrote:Oh yeah wizards are too powerful oh no their endless rounds of winning game after game will surely never stop now that the chaplain is no longer immune to their spells it's not like they've been stopped before oh no.
It isn't a matter of this making wizards unstoppable, it's a matter of removing the one thing that made chaplains somewhat useful. Now all they have is being somewhat of a nuisance with their Artistic Toolbox and cleaning up the red skulls when wizards are around. The former is rare and the latter isn't really all that important.
Also, to be honest, adding the Chaplain as a factor in your wizard plans makes it more fun. A good Chaplain can be a really fun antagonist to play cat-and-mouse with; you have loads of ways of killing him even without spells, he can rally the station against you (it's more fun when this fails but it's fun to watch), he's kind of the antagonist to your protagonist. It's more flavour than a serious threat/consideration, but it's an addition I do enjoy. Being able to pop out of a shrub and cluwne him just isn't the same.
protagonist to your antagonist dammit
It's been ages since I've seen a serious chaplain be a major that to the wizard, but maybe that's just me.
Wydamn Wrote:It's been ages since I've seen a serious chaplain be a major threat to the wizard, but maybe that's just me.
fixed.
I agree with Jimbob, I think that the whole Chaplain thing was pretty fun when it worked out. Although I have seen people being really dumb with it ("captain upgrade my ID to all-access there is a wizard i have to kill!!!!")

Maybe some sort of compromise could be made? Maybe wizard spells should just do halved damage to the chaplain or something?