Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body switching
So turns out strange regent is a thing that can revive people who are dead so the second I heard of this magic I wanted to know can I rip out some ones brain stick it into some one elses body and revive that body would the person whos brain I shoved into the revived body be controling the other persons body or would the person who's body I shoved the brain into take over or would it work at all . Pretty much I want to know can I make some one switch body's with some one else?
I'm not sure if it would work that way, but you could always use the body switcher in the void. Doing so with NPC's like Shitty Bill give hilarious results. Example: You'll still get random dialog from Shitty Bill, while being Shitty Bill.
'Souls' live in the brain, so yes you can switch bodies. You can even put it into a monkey -- or a werewolf, or an etc.
I remember when a mad doctor tried to revive a shambler with a non-antag brain. The shambler revived, but none of the souls controlled it.
In theory the method you describe should work, though in practice the last time I saw someone attempt this the brain switch failed to take and the people just woke up in their original bodies. May have since been fixed, though.

Also (although last I heard about it, it was also broken) with a little more work, you can switch entire heads around.
unless it was ninja-patched, brainswaps still have an open bug report on them. http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=7007

Of course, it never hurts to give it a try.
Im going to try this once I can cobble together some strange regent but im going to need to but botany for the entire round to get the omnizine as from what i can tell it comes from a mutated weed plant.
Nah. Just eat a warm donk. Warm donks produce omnizine when eaten which can be extracted from your blood; about 14u if you're efficient. Since 0.01u of SR is just as potent as 100u, you don't really need much omnizine.

edit: if you really want large amounts, light lotus, which is a plant from one of the randomized 'strange seeds', is probably the easiest for most. White weed is requires some infusions of space fungus and some saltpetre, but it can take a good bit of space mold. Or you could just ask the MD as their locker has some.
Ok that works thanks that should make it easier then bugging botany for some. going to try today if it all works out I will be doing some surgery today.
You can also ask the MD for some of his private stash. Chances are, if he's even there, he'll give you some if he hasn't turned it into SR already.
Brainswapping is cool. I had a brief stint of shoving sec officers brains into wizard corpses to have them fight the remaining wizards but that has a ludicrously high rate of being ruined by everyone wailing on the corpse and stripping it naked like a bunch of animals.
Wait so it works then? because people have said its broken.
It used to work. My own information is months old. Dions' probably is too.

Alternatively you could try swapping people's brains and then cloning them. Not as sexy, but it should work... or if it doesn't it'd be a good bug report, regardless.
Hell thats a lot easier and should give me the same result but without going though all the trouble of making SR
So I tried the brain body cloning method the persons who's body I cloned took control not the person who's brain I shoved into them so oh well no body switching.