Nerdin' it up: Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: John Johnson
BYOND Username: Nameredacted
Times Available: Nights on CST usually; whenever on the weekend.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): It takes a gentle hand to teach newbies how to get by; it takes a firm one to squelch the assholes who force their unfunny gimmicks onto others. I'm a nice guy, but I know when to lay down the law. I've been playing since about late June and have picked up on all the nuances of the game; whether it be stripping down reinforced walls blocking the escape wing or throwing up a second AI Upload to stop the borgs, I know what to do and how to do it. I typically don't robust unless I have to, given that I prefer being sneaky rather than the obvious blood and gore, but whatever the role, I try to do the best I can to save the crew. (YES, I'M THE GUY WHO DRAGS EVERYONE TO MEDBAY OR GENETICS EVERY DAMN ROUND.) I'm a bit newer than most, but I do have a hand on what's going on to help folks that really need the help, but it's the restraint thing that requires the most attention: folks go nuts, assistants get their hands on razor blades or fire extinguishers, and no one's around to tell them to stop bashing heads when they don't need to, especially if a traitor has done so little wrong as to put their e-mag in the wrong place. Traitors are out to win, for sure, but it's no fun for anyone if you point them out by name, location, and profession five minutes into a round; RP ain't a thing, but it's good courtesy to let the antagonists have a little leeway if they're not murdering people in droves in plain sight. I'm nowhere near good enough to apply as Head of Security, but I can help folks as a mentor. (At least, I know I can.)

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): "Shrekless Abandon" : A Good Book

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):
Quote:I've been playing since about late June
You're a chill player, but you hardly been playing for long; You still have many things to figure out in the game.
You might be a helpful dude, but I'm not sure if you have the intrinsic know-how to really help people and the specific questions they might have.