Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being sucked into space
Why is it if theres a breach in the ship people don't get sucked out of the ship into space so lets say a some one some how broke a hole in the ships hull and you happen to be in the same room as that breach, why is it you dont get sucked violently into space and throw 2 miles away from the ship? at least thats never happened to me when that happens.

Edit Ok its over stop posting I question was solved
(09-25-2016, 06:42 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: Why is it if theres a breach in the ship people don't get sucked out of the ship into space so lets say a some one some how broke a hole in the ships hull and you happen to be in the same room as that breach, why is it you dont get sucked violently into space and throw 2 miles away from the ship? at least thats never happened to me when that happens.
 Because this is a 2d game and you can't get sucked through the floor when there is no up or down.
It used to happen via Space Wind. But it got old pretty quick.
(09-25-2016, 07:09 PM)SpaceNaba Wrote: It used to happen via Space Wind. But it got old pretty quick.

Laggy too, but mostly old, since you'd just get sucked around with no indication of what sucked you.
You could fill a notebook with these kinds of questions, honestly. Just assume we're in a post-simpsons cartoon universe. Good bye, fart propulsion. :weep:
To the first guy I mean like a wall not the floor. Rip space wind I guess
This feature exists on other code bases, where realism is more prized than it is on Goonstation. Realism has no safe haven here, where asses can be configured into prank bombs and chemicals can be used to freeze people into perfect person-sized ice cubes instantly.
(09-25-2016, 10:26 PM)Wonkmin Wrote: bubs told us we weren't allowed to have space copy what his mum does

OOOH BURN
(09-25-2016, 10:26 PM)Wonkmin Wrote: bubs told us we weren't allowed to have space copy what his mum does

Space Wind, or Space Sucking?
(09-26-2016, 10:57 AM)SpaceNaba Wrote:

Space Wind, or Space Sucking?

Being a bottomless void devoid of all warmth and life.
Bubs' mom? Bottomless?

Bottom is all she is!

god daaaaaamn
This server uses LINDA, I think. Others use ZAS, which has realistic air sucking.
(09-26-2016, 03:36 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote: This server uses LINDA, I think. Others use ZAS, which has realistic air sucking.

We actually use FEA, the original system.
the same gravity forcefields that let us have gravity in the station are also preventing the suck/blow