Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
add more lore to telesci locations
there's a lot of visually interesting things at telesci locations like catmandu, the ice moon, the lava moon, the biodome and meatstation just to name a few and i think it would be even more interesting if there was some context to go with all of the wacky incredible things going on there

some things i think about when i go to these places are "what is this place? why is it here? what function does it serve?" the aformentioned meat station and ice moon do a good job of telling a story visually, like without any pictures but i think there could be a little more

a way to implement this would be to have more graffiti, audio logs, journals, etc written by the people that eventually went off and turned into horrible meat abominations, shamblers and zombies
Yes. I love lore.
I remember someone saying the main attraction of goonstation is the amount of hidden stuff not mentioned on the wiki, be it lore or game mechanics. A kinda show, but don't tell approach. More hidden fun stuff is always cool. I'd like more lore on the stuff in the debris field too, I really do love going exploring there.
That's basically why I played. I'd probably play more now if the leak didn't happen. Granted I've never been a telsci guy (I like figuring out the systems more, and talking to dead people), but telsci was the big bad undertone that everyone could feel even if they didn't participate. I'm glad to see that recovering a bit.

More lore in the old areas could make them more relevant and cause them to leave more of an impression on first timers. I'm all for it.
notes in the mail systems on computer terminals is a great place to look for lores or place more lores
Maybe add more lore to the debris field locations as well? How the hell did everything end up here anyways?

On the other hand, adding lore would take away the mystery of exploring something and asking yourself "what the hell am I looking at?"
(09-26-2016, 06:58 AM)MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote: Maybe add more lore to the debris field locations as well? How the hell did everything end up here anyways?

On the other hand, adding lore would take away the mystery of exploring something and asking yourself "what the hell am I looking at?"

Nah, It'd just make you able to actually FIND OUT what the hell you're looking at
yeah the vague ad hoc text, audio logs and descriptions did the job for a while but it'd be cool for casual explorers (me, and all my friends ) to have more stuff to put together like this

that's assuming there's no slowly building overarching plot going on, which we all know there isn't
(09-26-2016, 03:37 PM)Admiral jimbob Wrote: That's assuming there's no slowly building overarching plot going on, which we all know there isn't

Actually, that's pretty much exactly what's going on.
if you fart in the game you fart in real life
(09-27-2016, 11:18 AM)poland spring Wrote: if you fart in the game you fart in real life

*fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *fart *fart *fart* fart *shart .........Uh oh.
(09-26-2016, 06:58 AM)MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote: Maybe add more lore to the debris field locations as well? How the hell did everything end up here anyways?

Maybe create conflicting accounts of lore and blame it on conspiracy theories, pranksters and myths. People in space be cray cray.

"This beehive is clearly a religious temple for the tribe of downward wind."

"Gary, stop telling people that debris field locations belong to the tribe of downward wind, no one is laughing at your fart jokes"