Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Gamemode] Glider
Note before we begin: I would love to add sprites, but I do not know how. If anyone could perhaps point me into the direction of sprites...

GLIDERS- NESTING ALIENS
Having hatched from an egg, the little larvae was seen at Centcomm. They chased it and lost it, but reported it as dead not wanting punishment from Nanotrasen Bosses. It was shipped over to Space Station 13 in a genetics package, the geneticists opened the package and it slithered off quickly. Being weirdos, they thought this was too interesting to report. When several monkeys went missing, they thought nothing of it.

The beast fed on the monkeys, and eventually grew to full size, wanting to devour and swarm the entire station.

PRIMARY POWERS:
The Gliders have three primary powers:
  • Switch Form.
  • Lay Egg.
  • Mystify.
Switch Form changes it from Human Mode (which is pretty much a normal human with Changeling Blood.), to Glider Mode (The Main Beast), and back again. It has a one minute cooldown and there is no penalty to being in either form.

Lay Egg is only available in Glider Mode. It's usable once every 4 minutes. It lays a single Glider Egg on the tile, which cannot be picked up but can be smashed.

Mystify is only available in Glider Mode. It's usable once every 10 seconds. It turns the Glider Invisible and let's it go thru Doors and Windows, however it only works for two seconds and is canceled if you do anything off-tile (like how you would cancel the Cloaking Device).

HUMAN FORM: WHAT'S THE POINT!?
Pretty much none. Starts out in this form with all of your accesses and everything. However all of that is shed off of you as you turn into a Glider. This mode is only used for stealth missions, as even your babies don't recognize you and try to kill you/flee.

GLIDER FORM: WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT!?
In Glider Form, you have several differences from normal humans:
  • You cannot slip in any way, as you fly in this mode. So the Floor has no effect on you, GO SPACE LUBE!
  • You take double Burn Damage, whether from space burn or the blazing engine.
  • You have not two, not one, but FOUR arms in this mode! Those Back Feat have a use after all! Get Grabbing!
  • You can take stuff off of people twice as fast. Useful if they have a helmet...
  • When you grab people, you instantly grab for the highest possible setting. Like a Eagle swooping down a rabbit. If they have headgear, just an upgraded grab. If they have none, then KILL grab.
  • No debuff to speed when grabbing people.
  • Grabbed people do NOT mystify with you.
  • Can slash dead people into 3 Meat.
  • Can slash dead critters into 1 Meat.
  • Tasers do not stun you, but instead do slight burn damage. This is the same for things like the Stun Baton. Flashes, however, still burn your eyes and stun you.
  • Yes, you still need Oxygen.
  • Has a louder and much higher pitched scream.
SO WHAT'S THIS ABOUT CHILDREN!? ARE THEY PLAYERS!?
No, they are not players. They are all NPCs.

GLIDER EGG
  • About as much health as a Space Rat.
  • Space Mice will love eating them.
  • Takes two minutes to hatch.
GLIDER LARVAE
  • Has a Bite Attack. Which does 3 Toxin Damage.
  • Can devour dead Critters, turning them into 1 meat.
  • Flees from Humans. Attacks Critters
  • Needs 1 meat to begin growing. Takes 1 minute to grow.
  • About as much health as a Space Rat.
GLIDER BABY
  • Has a Bite Attack. Which does 5 Toxin Damage.
  • Can devour dead Critters, turning them into 1 meat.
  • Neutral towards Humans. Attacks Critters.
  • Tries to follow Mommy if Mommy is in Glider Form and in view.
  • Needs 2 meat to begin growing. Takes 2 minutes to grow.
  • Normal Health for a Critter.
  • Protects Mommy if Mommy is attacked/attacks someone.
GLIDER YOUNG
  • Has a Slash Attack. Which does 5 Brute Damage.
  • Uses two arms to fight, leading to Double Attack Speed. (One arm hits, halfway thru that arm charging the other arm hits, ect. Leading to quicker attacks and harder fights.)
  • Attacks both Humans and Critters.
  • Tries to follow Mommy if Mommy is in Glider Form and in view. If Mommy is not in Glider Form, tries to kill Mommy.
  • Needs 3 meat to begin growing. Takes 3 minutes to grow.
  • Normal Health for a Critter.
  • Protects any other Glider Kids and Mommy if either are attacked/attacks someone.
GLIDER HALF-GROWN
  • Has a Slash Attack. Which does 5 Brute Damage and has 20% chance to inflict Bleeding.
  • Uses two arms to fight, leading to Double Attack Speed.
  • Attacks Humans. Neutral to Critters if more than half health, aggressive to Critters if less than half health/at half health.
  • Eats Meat if at less than half health/at half health.
  • Slightly more health than an average human.
  • Defends Mommy if Mommy is in Glider Form and attacked. Defends Glider Kids if they're attacked. Tries to kill Mommy if Mommy is in Human Form.
  • 2Cool4School
  • Takes double damage from fire or Space Burn.
  • Mystifies, turning invisible and charging at seen enemies. Cannot be hit while Mystified. Once two tiles away from Target, will un-mystify and will begin shredding apart the enemy.
  • Eating Meat will restore health completely.
  • Emits a loud, high-pitched scream whenever it sees a target.
WELL, THAT'S NEAT, BUT WHAT ABOUT OBJECTIVES HUH!?
It has two random objectives from the list, plus one for every 15 crew members. It's survival doesn't matter unless an objective says otherwise.
  • Feast on a little bit of _Crew Member_'s meat yourself.
  • Have atleast 6 living Children Total. Eggs do not count towards this objective.
  • Have a half-grown Glider by the end of the round.
  • Be drunk at the end of the round.
  • Be in Human Form among the Escape Shuttle by the end.
  • Have atleast two children inside _room_ by the end of the round.
  • Lay atleast 3 eggs inside _room_ by the end of the round.
  • Have atleast 3 Trinkets in your hands by the end of the round.

DO NOT STRAY FROM THIS DISCUSSION'S TOPIC. PLEASE.
I think eggs need a bigger cooldown, it sounds like you could just spam eggs in a room full of mice. Also do monkeys count as critters? The bite ability should do brute not tox damage. I think fire as a weakness is good though, great idea overall, just like the parasite one
Eggs are a little fragile, along with most of the other young. And they take a long time to grow anyway even with full meat storage. I'll change this if others ask however.

Mice eat eggs, and sadly Eggs do not survive unlike Alien Movies.

Monkeys DO count as Critters.

Originally I was going to give the Youngsters a weird Venom, but I know nothing of Chemistry and decided against it. I'll change this if others agree.

Thank you!
they sound more interesting than the werewolf, but also more complex