Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Space Glue!
Space Lube is still the funniest chem out there, and for years I've been saying we ought to have a counterpart chemical, space glue!

Recipe: I don't know, something similar to cyanoacrylate but different??

USES

1) If poured on a floor tile it makes the tile really sticky until it dries, which slows movement over that tile by 50%. Bonus points if it makes a "walking in glue" noise.

2) If applied to a person's skin, it seals up bleeding wounds and acts like a stapler to hold limbs on when reattaching them. It also makes them sticky, which can (very briefly) make people stick to each other.

3) If applied to an object in hand it glues the object to your hand. Until it wears off, you can't put the object away or drop it, even if you get knocked down. This has obvious advantages when it comes to robusting people, but the downside is that you can't put down the item or recharge it or whatever.

4) If applied to an object on the floor, that object becomes anchored to the floor until it wears off. There should be funny messaging if people try to pick up the object. This is a good prank.

5) If applied to a piece of clothing, the item becomes much more difficult to remove, whether by you or by someone trying to strip you.

6) If applied to an airlock, locker, or crate, the airlock/locker/crate gets stuck when it closes. You can open it with a crowbar or wait for the glue to wear off.

7) If it enters the bloodstream or is eaten it should maybe be mildly toxic, but that's it.

ALSO, SPACE GLUBE

This unholy combination of space glue and space lube is extremely bouncy, because it is flubber.

1) A person covered in space glube bounces off of other people when they bump into them, kind of like the magnetic charge event, but it only affects the glubed guy.

2) An object covered in space glube will bounce all over the goddamn place if you throw it.

3) Bullets and other solid projectile weapons will bounce mostly harmlessly off of a person covered in space glube, and can ricochet into other targets.

4) Putting space glube on shoes gives them the moon shoes effect. If you do this to moon shoes and put them on, you jump through the goddamn ceiling a la macho man and crash land in a random part of the station, seriously injured. The shoes are destroyed.

5) Space glubed boxing gloves send people flying when you punch them

6) Space glubed floors function similarly to space lubed floors, except instead of slipping and taking damage, you flip in the direction you were walking and sometimes land on your feet.

7) If it is eaten it should make you vomit so hard you are sent flying.

8) If a significant quantity of it enters your bloodstream, it should make a random limb or organ go flying out of you. If this is an eye or an arm, it's not a big deal. If it's your brain or your heart, RIP.

9) if it's put in the cryo tube or the cloning pod, it should launch people the fuck out when they are done.

and that's the bottom line
cause stone cold said so

oh and acetone should instantly dissolve space glue and space glube
you should be able to apply glue to the bottoms of people's shoes for fun and profit
Oh my god please yes all of this
This sounds fucking hilarious

Like firstly the space glue looks like it has some interesting applications for trickery, pranks, robusting and being helpful all together
And then SPACE GLUBE comes along

I think the consequences should be a bit more deleterious for using it though, considering coating yourself in it makes you almost immune to bullets (please don't remove this, I want to see a glubed-up assistant bounce an entire mag of spacker ammo back into the traitor that fired it). However yeah I love all of those side effects, hideously bouncy dangerous shit, flying and bumping around and whatnot

The GLUBE could be a bluish-greenish flubberlike overlay to denote that a person is coated in it, maybe a sort of drippy effect? Idk

please implement these things they are great

EDIT: I want to annoy people by gluing my spare captain's ID to the floor. Or, imagine this: steal a traitor's esword and glue it to the floor just to annoy the fuck out of him.
Well the glubed guy goes flying and gets hurt if someone walks into him, so the fact that bullets don't hurt him very much is only so much of a benefit. Also I agree an overlay might prevent cheese.

I want to be a clown and hide in a bush and glue money to the floor and honk when people try to pick it up.
Applying enough glue at once to a prone person should glue THEM to the floor. Removing their jumpsuit/covering should allow them to be freed, as should acetone or enough RESISTing (with maybe a chance of brute damage).

EDIT: Same if they fall over on a glued-up tile.

EDIT2: Oh God. I had a horrific idea.
Glube smoke.

All the objects would be bouncing around, people would be bouncing around, people's organs would be shooting out of their bodies and THOSE would be bouncing around. . it would basically be the most nightmarish logical conclusion to the idea of a bounce house.
Make it so glube can only be applied in foam, not smoke.

Otherwise effect #8 will make it among the most horrific hellsmoke chems.

It should also probably be a lot more difficult to synthesize than just combining glue and lube.
(09-22-2016, 12:12 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: All the objects would be bouncing around, people would be bouncing around, people's organs would be shooting out of their bodies and THOSE would be bouncing around. . it would basically be the most nightmarish logical conclusion to the idea of a bounce house.

CFL3 and Sarin are already pretty much instantly fatal. This would just be funnier. But yeah, it shouldn't be smokeable.
I just thought of a traitor doctor gluing all the defibs and sutures in medbay to the tables, which would result in:
a. If someone's heart stopped, you can't save them
b. If you preform surgery, there is no way to close the wound as surgical incisions can't be sealed with bandages, resulting in the patient bleeding out.

Basically: yes, add this.
(09-22-2016, 02:39 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: I just thought of a traitor doctor gluing all the defibs and sutures in medbay to the tables, which would result in:
a. If someone's heart stopped, you can't save them
b. If you preform surgery, there is no way to close the wound as surgical incisions can't be sealed with bandages, resulting in the patient bleeding out.

Basically: yes, add this.

That is fucking diabolical.

SIGN ME UP
security could make use of glue grenades or glue riot launcher rounds, im sure
The syndicate comes in

An RPG is fired

*SPROING*

*BOOM*

Four very grump syndicate ghosts

This must happen.
i want to be able to glue peoples mouths shut, then i will be satisfied
Glue people's butts shut so they can't fart. Glube people's butts so they can fartpack.
Glubed people should bounce if they hit a wall or a door, so if they wanna get through doors safely they need to stop and open them by hand
Glube a skateboard and reach insane speed faster.