Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
[Gamemode] Pirates!
(09-21-2016, 11:14 PM)Fonduede Wrote: In the event that this round type is picked, would there be ready-to-go pods on the station to fight the first wave of pirates in space?

See attached educational reference material:

[Image: Space_Pirates_2.jpg]

This sounds great, I really loved shotgunbill's drone invasion rounds, which involved lots of podfighting. Maybe the pirate rounds could have a similar "HEY WHATS UP BAD GUYS INCOMING GEAR UP THEM PODS CREW" to give the crew a chance at preparation? Probably rephrased as some drunken pirate shouting insults over intercom at the station. Pods have all kindsa cool weaponry that never really gets a chance to shine.
I think this may be the best idea I've seen all year.
SPACE PIRATES

YES
Didn't we have a space pirates thing way back when?

Or was that just an admin gimmick quasi-game mode?
(09-22-2016, 09:40 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Didn't we have a space pirates thing way back when?

Or was that just an admin gimmick quasi-game mode?

It was an admin gimmick, also IIRC they were about as strong as the NPC syndicate operatives but didn't have the whole microbomb implant.
there must be a buried treasure somewhere on the station or z-levels. and the map pieces are hidden inside crew heirloom trinkets. and if the trinkets or map are lost, we will have no choice but to tear the whole station apart seeking the treasure
(09-22-2016, 10:39 AM)misto Wrote: there must be a buried treasure somewhere on the station or z-levels. and the map pieces are hidden inside crew heirloom trinkets. and if the trinkets or map are lost, we will have no choice but to tear the whole station apart seeking the treasure

Bonus points for the treasure being available for anyone to find, and it's something useful/valuable to the crew too.
i think the pirate captain should start fully augmented with cyber heart legs and arms while his crew have some random roboparts since we dont have peglegs or hook hands to my knowledge 

and maybe some kidnapping objectives to curb the whole murder everyone thing slightly

also i have some ideas for equipment
Dart Gun- Comes loaded with tranquilizer darts loaded up with sleep toxins. Valuable tool in incapacitating and capturing crew. The dosage is only enough to knock out the unfortunate for a few seconds.
Powered Crossbow- Fires superheated metal rods and is much more effective after being charged up fully, which takes around five or six seconds. In space it is an incredibly potent tool, able to fling off targets into space at pretty fast speeds. Also comes with the added bonus of pinning people to walls if they happen to be within a tile or so of them.
Pneumatic Cannon- The fire-anything gun, literally, it can fire anything at targets. Useful if you're running from crew member and just grab any nick nacks as you high tail it outta the hot zone. Needs to be connected to a tank of gas to be useful at all, the pressure can be set to make it more or less lethal.
Pirate space suit-has no movement penalty unlike regular space suits but doesint have armor either
flak vest-worse then standered sec armor but better then nothing 
Captains armor-heavy armor without the movement penalty also space worthy only the pirate captain has this

Note: all there weapons should be in limited supply aside from maybe the E-cutlass so not all of them will be armed with ranged weapons to make it fair for the crew and to make the pirates work together.
Pirates should have an objective to collect booty as well. Whether or not this means stealing the HoS's butt is left up to you.

Honestly I think the pirate gear should be hastily cobbled-together shit that is almost as dangerous to them as the crew. Flintlocks, dynamite, robo-parrots, etc.
(09-23-2016, 01:00 PM)Grizzwold Wrote: Pirates should have an objective to collect booty as well. Whether or not this means stealing the HoS's butt is left up to you.

Honestly I think the pirate gear should be hastily cobbled-together shit that is almost as dangerous to them as the crew. Flintlocks, dynamite, robo-parrots, etc.

Dear god, I never even considered the idea of collecting booty. Would pirates have a particular tool that would let them quickly and efficiently harvest butts?
The pirates should have gasahol canisters they can hook up into the air supplies. What's gasahol you say? Why it's alcohol you can breathe of course and pirates (and bar tenders) are completely immune to it thanks to their high alcohol tolerances! Chemistry can make a gasahol by combining alcohol, helium, and cryostylane.

Also pirates should be deathly allergic to antihol.
Silly idea: Security officers should be able to use stun batons to parry pirate swords, by being in disarm intent.

It both gives them a chance of stunning the pirate, but also prevents the pirate from immediately stabbing them.

maybe whomever has the lowest amount of stamina loses the "swordfight"
(09-26-2016, 11:32 AM)atomic1fire Wrote: Silly idea: Security officers should be able to use stun batons to parry pirate swords, by being in disarm intent.

It both gives them a chance of stunning the pirate, but also prevents the pirate from immediately stabbing them.

The clown should be able to do the same with a cardboard tube.
(09-26-2016, 12:05 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote:
(09-26-2016, 11:32 AM)atomic1fire Wrote: Silly idea: Security officers should be able to use stun batons to parry pirate swords, by being in disarm intent.

The Mime should be able to do the same with an empty hand
(09-26-2016, 12:16 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(09-26-2016, 12:05 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote:

The Mime should be able to do the same with an empty hand

Pirate captain:You fight like a clown
HOS:how appropriate you fight like a cluwne