Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PTL Lenses
I don't actually intend for this to be anything more than a cosmetic thing, unless someone can think of some fun but balanceable effects. Maybe something with the tele crystal lens teleporting anything in it's path, or plasma glass instantly exploding due to the heat. I dunno.

Basically let engineering swap the lense from the laser with homemade lenses from the workbench, focusing the PTL light into an array of fun colors like blue, purple, or pink.

As an admin gag item, maybe even a miracle lens that somehow shoots out rainbow colored PTL beams.

Maybe painting a lense lets you alter the color of the PTL beam, I dunno.
Heck yeah.
Oh, I like this idea! This is cute, I support it. The idea of a PTL + telecrystal lens randomly teleporting people anywhere on the Z level/possibly the debris field/the void amuses me. (the HEPTMAN beam is basically just that anyway, so)
Erebite lens causes the beam to intensify likely destroying the podbay as a result but it multiplies the income from the PTL laser by 10 

s
Rainbow beams don't need to require admin intervention. Miricalium lens are already rainbow.
A simple but really neat idea. I also support the bit about telecrystal, particularly because it's basically the HEPT. It's like that is what NT has planned for us. Really feeds into the lore.
I can get behind this. I like it.
I am all for the weird implications of getting our own HEPTMAN beam on station and the disasters that will most likely ensue
(09-25-2016, 02:51 AM)poland spring Wrote: I am all for the weird implications of getting our own HEPTMAN beam on station and the disasters that will most likely ensue

A max quality telecrystal lens should totally open up a weird dimensional area and cause things to start getting freaky on the station.
(09-25-2016, 01:40 PM)Camnui Wrote:
(09-25-2016, 02:51 AM)poland spring Wrote: I am all for the weird implications of getting our own HEPTMAN beam on station and the disasters that will most likely ensue

A max quality telecrystal lens should totally open up a weird dimensional area and cause things to start getting freaky on the station.

+1 to all this, absolutely. More scary weird shit to come out of science/engineering is nice to see.
This reminds me, whatever happened to the color of the PTL laser changing with it's power output?
I remember something about output levels changing both the laser density and color (it only does the density thing right now)

I'm all for a lens changing the beam in some way, cosmetic or otherwise.
(09-25-2016, 02:33 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(09-25-2016, 01:40 PM)Camnui Wrote:

+1 to all this, absolutely. More scary weird shit to come out of science/engineering is nice to see.

Throwing my support behind this as well. Heck yes. 
Choo! Cthulhu
how about a lens that makes the beam safe to walk thru while still making u mony

"thats boring misto" you say

but you see, what you do is

you put on the safety lens for a bit and let people get used to casually walking thru the beam

then you swap it out for an unsafe one
(09-30-2016, 05:16 PM)misto Wrote: how about a lens that makes the beam safe to walk thru while still making u mony

"thats boring misto" you say

but you see, what you do is

you put on the safety lens for a bit and let people get used to casually walking thru the beam

then you swap it out for an unsafe one

Kinda like teleporters!