Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Potato Heart
I contend it would be great addition if you could replace someone's heart with a Potato.

Perhaps other low-quality heart replacements could also exist.

After the surgery they might suffer from frequent blackouts, O2 damage, and warning messages, but it would be better than no heart at all.

"You chest feels wrong"

"Your heart is screaming in pain"

etc.

Admittedly heart replacement doesn't come up terribly often, but I think this would be a fantastic little nugget to add.
This definitely makes me think you should be able to build potato batteries for cyborgs and APC's
this kills the human
This sounds truly amazing. I'd be all for potato+cable = potato-battery, which has 100 charge for APC/cyborg purposes, and cannot be recharged. Hitting the assembly with a fresh potato switches it out, destroying the old one (basically, consumes new potato).

Placing the potato-battery in as someone's heart allows them to function, but has nasty side-effects as above. Better if they accumulate over time as the potato-battery discharges. Though it makes zero sense, eating a potato should reset the heart's power.
This should be the alternative to when the engine doesn't get set up and nobody knows how to make the solars work, by dumping loads of potatoes into the pool and making a giant potato battery.
Lemons too.

If you wanted to make chemistry more OP maybe they could get a few battery acid compounds to make batteries out of beakers, but that's not as silly or fun.
i had some weird thoughts and imagery like this

imagine a potato heart beating like when you microwave something for too long and makes a bubble and it looks like it's "breathing" before the hot air bursts out
(09-19-2016, 08:18 PM)RoboTek Wrote: I contend it would be great addition if you could replace someone's heart with a Potato.

Perhaps other low-quality heart replacements could also exist.

After the surgery they might suffer from frequent blackouts, O2 damage, and warning messages, but it would be better than no heart at all.

"You chest feels wrong"

"Your heart is screaming in pain"

etc.

Admittedly heart replacement doesn't come up terribly often, but I think this would be a fantastic little nugget to add.

i am suddenly reminded of a certain episode of south park where this happened to Kenny it exploded in his chest.

lets add it
That wasn't an episode, that was the movie.