Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyposprays reconize booster enzyme as a dangerous chem.
As I said in the tittle, whenever you try to add the booster enzyme chem to a hypospray it will be filtered out as if it was a dangerous chemical. It's a bit weird since it doesn' have any side effects and is only beneficial.
This isn't technically a bug per se.

Hyposprays work by using a chem whitelist instead of a blacklist.

Booster enzymes simply aren't on the whitelist.

To be fair though, booster enzymes used to be way more dangerous than they are now.
Yep, it's a whitelist of chems. Have you ever tried putting water in a hypospray?
Current list of chems that are whitelisted for anyone who's interested

antihol, charcoal, epinephrine, insulin, mutadone, teporone, silver sulfadiazine, salbutamol, perfluorodecalin, omnizine, stimulants, synaptizine, potassium iodide, oculine, mannitol, pentetic acid, stypic powder, methamphetamine, spaceacillin, saline glucose solution, salicylic_acid, cryoxadone, blood and changeling blood

I'd like to see a few more chems added to the whitelist, things like booster enzyme, cryostylane and maybe morphine as well. I wouldn't be above giving anyone who breaks into medbay without permission a cool 10u of morphine and throwing them out into the hall, but i can see why it's possibly not a good idea too.
I really love that literal meth is allowed in a hypospray (and is actually one of the better things to use, since it won't trigger addictions via hypospray)

Anyway, yeah, add booster enzyme and cryostylane at the least, they're some very potent and helpful medical chems, maybe morphine too
(09-18-2016, 09:20 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: I really love that literal meth is allowed in a hypospray (and is actually one of the better things to use, since it won't trigger addictions via hypospray)

Fun fact, meth is in the whitelist is because it used to be hyperzine, which actually had no negative side effects. It's a holdover from when chemistry was recoded.

Nobody bothered to remove it from the whitelist, so it eventually became a feature.
Actually, morphine probably should be added to the hypospray whitelist, since hyposprays prevent addiction.

Currently, the only use for morphine is to reduce errors during surgery, but its near impossible to inject patients with an amount of morphine that achieves this function without causing addiction. Hyposprays would allow morphine to actually be used.
(09-18-2016, 12:06 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Actually, morphine probably should be added to the hypospray whitelist, since hyposprays prevent addiction.

Currently, the only use for morphine is to reduce errors during surgery, but its near impossible to inject patients with an amount of morphine that achieves this function without causing addiction. Hyposprays would allow morphine to actually be used.

Other uses for morphine:

Knocking people unconscious, significantly reducing stamina, and practically eliminating the movement penalty due to injury.
Not sure if anyone else has tried this, but the ol' cryostylane/cryoxydone healing combo didn't appear to work when I used an emagged hypo to inject it. No freezing, no healing. Weirdly though, it worked extremely well in a syringe gun.

Should calomel, atropine and ether be added as well? I understand that the first two can be harmful, but ether's pretty much identical to morphine.
(09-18-2016, 02:01 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: Not sure if anyone else has tried this, but the ol' cryostylane/cryoxydone healing combo didn't appear to work when I used an emagged hypo to inject it. No freezing, no healing. Weirdly though, it worked extremely well in a syringe gun.

Should calomel, atropine and ether be added as well? I understand that the first two can be harmful, but ether's pretty much identical to morphine.

It doesn't work because cryostylane isn't whitelisted.

Cryoxadone however, is.
(09-18-2016, 02:27 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(09-18-2016, 02:01 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: Not sure if anyone else has tried this, but the ol' cryostylane/cryoxydone healing combo didn't appear to work when I used an emagged hypo to inject it. No freezing, no healing. Weirdly though, it worked extremely well in a syringe gun.

It doesn't work because cryostylane isn't whitelisted.

Cryoxadone however, is.
He said emagged.

The actual reason is that hypospray usage doesn't trigger the reaction_mob() proc call for any of the injected reagents. This is how it bypasses addiction.

As a side effect, the instant cooling effect of cryostylane is also bypassed. So you'll just have to wait until the (comparatively) gradual cooling per tick from having cryostylane in the blood lowers the patient's temperature enough for the cryoxadone to work.
(09-18-2016, 01:06 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(09-18-2016, 12:06 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Actually, morphine probably should be added to the hypospray whitelist, since hyposprays prevent addiction.

Other uses for morphine:

Knocking people unconscious, significantly reducing stamina, and practically eliminating the movement penalty due to injury.

It's funny, people didn't believe me a while ago when I said dosing a small amount of morphine before fighting practically turns you into the terminator.
(09-18-2016, 03:28 PM)Camnui Wrote:

Other uses for morphine:

It's funny, people didn't believe me a while ago when I said dosing a small amount of morphine before fighting practically turns you into the terminator.
To be fair, meth is basically better in every way for fighting, unless you're trying to be subtle with your terminator-ness.
(09-18-2016, 03:32 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(09-18-2016, 03:28 PM)Camnui Wrote:

Other uses for morphine:

To be fair, meth is basically better in every way for fighting, unless you're trying to be subtle with your terminator-ness.

Have you tried morphine and meth? You don't go down until you're practically in crit.
this thread belongs in ideas and suggestions