Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell-less borg communication
Allow borgs to communicate in some way, any way at all, without a cell. Point, scream, fart, anything, even if it's not normal chat. If someone takes the cell out and forgets, or just generally makes a mistake, you're just fucked because they won't figure it out.

EDIT: They cannot actually put a cell inside themselves from a docking station's inventory.
EDIT2: It also makes them totally deaf, so they can't do anything to confirm if someone asks them if there's a problem/what it is.
I hate to bump my own ancient thread, but this is legitimately kind of a problem when dealing with new players. They don't know this and can't figure out that the wildly flagellating and twitching borg near them cannot solve this problem on their own.

Why can the borg sprint around the station when cell-less, but not talk? Why can't it even communicate in any way at all? It can't beep, it can't bop, it can't scream, it can't birdwell. It's miserable. It's ideally something that shouldn't ever happen by accident and leaves borgs horrifically impotent to fix their own problem, and leaves it to guesswork for everyone else to figure out what the problem is.
Approving of this thread. Having no cell is hell for not being able to speak.
I've had this happen to me a number of times. Humorously it was mostly traitors who then bitched about me not healing them.

I think there should be some form of external sign. Maybe something like garbled speech and failed emotes or something? I dunno.
Slow them down to a snail pace and give them tiny text when low power
(09-14-2016, 06:18 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Slow them down to a snail pace and give them tiny text when low power