Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wood Carving & Carpentry
I think this could be a super interesting activity! You could add a few different tools to the process to branch out into different things.

For example, chisel -> chisel -> chisel on a wood block would scoop out a bowl, but chisel -> chisel -> drill on a wood block would carve out and fit a wooden helmet. Chisels, drills, presses, planers, lathes... you have a lot of tools to choose from in the crafting process.

You could even have a bit of robotics touch in there, where you must add materials and other things in order to create furniture or whatever. Maybe you have used the lathe on some logs to make wooden rods, which you then apply some HaramBond to (the gorilla glue that holds the station together). Sticking wooden sheets to adhesive rods makes a chair, or something. Just throwing ideas at the wall.

Created items could be "crude" until hit with handheld sandpaper, then they become regular. Using a powered sander on an object could make it "smooth", then hit it with varnish or laquer to make it Stained or Finished.

Laquer items that catch on fire could release toxic fumes.
(09-17-2016, 07:53 PM)Fonduede Wrote: I think this could be a super interesting activity! You could add a few different tools to the process to branch out into different things.

For example, chisel -> chisel -> chisel on a wood block would scoop out a bowl, but chisel -> chisel -> drill on a wood block would carve out and fit a wooden helmet. Chisels, drills, presses, planers, lathes... you have a lot of tools to choose from in the crafting process.

You could even have a bit of robotics touch in there, where you must add materials and other things in order to create furniture or whatever. Maybe you have used the lathe on some logs to make wooden rods, which you then apply some HaramBond to (the gorilla glue that holds the station together). Sticking wooden sheets to adhesive rods makes a chair, or something. Just throwing ideas at the wall.

Created items could be "crude" until hit with handheld sandpaper, then they become regular. Using a powered sander on an object could make it "smooth", then hit it with varnish or laquer to make it Stained or Finished.

This sounds cool and good. smile

Harambond would almost certainly not get through as a name but I like your jib
(09-17-2016, 08:32 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(09-17-2016, 07:53 PM)Fonduede Wrote: I think this could be a super interesting activity! You could add a few different tools to the process to branch out into different things.

This sounds cool and good. smile

Harambond would almost certainly not get through as a name but I like your jib

Haha I figured so. At the most I guessed maybe in the description for a wood glue item.