Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no limits on eating food
it's dumb and inhibitive and i hate it 

i should be able to eat a pizza without cutting it

or forcibly unhinging my jaw horribly and dying trying to stuff a watermelon down my throat
You can't just cram that in your mouth, you greedy beast!

in seriousness I like this idea, with the chance to choke horribly
Some kinda heimlich maneuver thing to perform on someone choking would be pretty cool as well, maybe through a GRAB or HELP intent?
I like the idea of some new player clicking the water melon then getting spammed with messages about how their jaw is being torn apart as they try to fit the entire watermelon into their mouth. with a little message telling them to cut the next one up afterwords.
(09-08-2016, 09:18 AM)New525 Wrote: I like the idea of some new player clicking the water melon then getting spammed with messages about how their jaw is being torn apart as they try to fit the entire watermelon into their mouth. with a little message telling them to cut the next one up afterwords.

Or alternatively, a traitor murdering someone by repeatedly force feeding them watermelons
I like the idea of allowing eating without implements with  complications depending on the food. Big items would be choking hazards and things like cereal without a spoon should just make your clothes dirty or something.
Unable to comprehend the concept of a spoon horatio jiggles slams the cereal bowl against his mouth as hard as he can.
The bowl shatters!
You start bleeding
Your bleeding gets worse!
Is it possible for there to be two warning messages before you go full ape on the watermelon/pizza/bowl? That way the game is asking "are you sure? are you SURE?".
^This.

As fun as killing yourself through stupidity is, it took me more then a few rounds to figure out how to simply eat in SS13. Likewise, I hadn't really considered the need for utensils until I saw one of those "You need a spoon for that."messages; It doesn't come naturally to gamers.
Adding lethality something like this could end up spooking a lot of new players from eating all. And experienced players are none too keen on "floor pills" and other prepared foods either; people might stop eating altogether!
Besides, in real life, have you ever tried something once, found out that it was excruciating, and then continued doing it?
(09-09-2016, 02:47 PM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: Besides, in real life, have you ever tried something once, found out that it was excruciating, and then continued doing it?

Only late at night...

it's a joke.
Support. Earlier today I tried to eat spaghetti but couldn't because I was missing an arm. What the FUCK, game? Space Station 13 is ableist GARBAGE. Literally unplayable until this disgusting discriminatory bullshit is removed.
back when i was a younger and sturdier man, before grocery store frozen pizzas gave me tummy aches i didnt own a good knife or pizza cutter, i would get lazy wrt slicing them and just slice them with god's knives, the teeth, bite by bite from the crust inwards, turning my plate round and round

didnt you used to be able to sip liquids out of bowls? i dont see why cereals and soups couldnt be sipped/munched, very carefully, spoonlessly.

of course, a risk of spillage is significant

cakes are spongy and have some give. you'll smear frosting on your face like a dumb beast but it is possible to take bites from cakes without utensils

as for bulky foods such as watermelon, it is entirely possible for a person to munch thru the outside of a melon with their teeth to get at the good insides. coconuts might be more of a challenge
mash your face into a cake to disguise your identity like with wearing a mask
(09-14-2016, 12:23 AM)ottumon Wrote: mash your face into a cake to disguise your identity like with wearing a mask

Extravagent Chocolate Cake screams.