Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nano-Leeches
So with the new blood system and all that neat stuff that adds to the list of ways to die, Hypertension appears to be a pretty big one, and although we can use the draw function on an IV bag to release the pressure (or just stab the person I guess), it's simply too slow. Therefore, I suggest a neat solution.
NANO-LEECHES
[insert sprite here]
So bloodletting is pretty archaic, but it's the future, so whatever. Basically, to cure hypertension, you can just inject these cool little robotic and hopefully smart leeches to store small amounts of blood in themselves to release the pressure, and then come back out.
For traitors, I guess you could EMAG them and they'd work similar to heartworms, but instead they'd just eat all of your blood and everyone'd think its a vampire round or something.
EDIT: There should also be a (relatively quick) way to synthesize some sort of anti-agent in the event they do get EMAG'd, so that your death isn't guaranteed from the get-go.
I like this idea, but i am also going to advocate for an actual leeches version, that gives an overlay sort of like the spiders but with less moving around
I approve of this idea, with extreme violence!
Right now medbay needs a way to deal with hypertension fast.
Yeah, have them be like the spiders. Wriggling all over the person depending on how many they've got on them. Have them periodically make flailing emotes.

This is gross and I love it.
Yes, I agree w/ this.
Of course, they'll be greater medicinal space leeches, gene-engineered by expert scientists to suck up excess blood and look really adorable. They should suck out other chemicals in the blood stream as well, but be negatively affected by poisons and clotting agents.
Heck yeah leeches
Maybe this could somehow be combined with the parasite idea? One of the leeches mutates or something? Obviously they wouldn't be nanobot leeches then, but who knows.
I would still prefer just having loads of medieval medical options and a plague doctor outfit to go with it.
(09-25-2016, 12:56 AM)grumpchkin Wrote: I would still prefer just having loads of medieval medical options and a plague doctor outfit to go with it.

^This