Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lizard Prisoners
So we all know and love the alien prisoner gimmick job, but me and a friend have been brainstorming:

1. Have the prisoners have a crime set for them randomly, which determines if they are a traitor or just a miscreant (just wait).

2. Have alien prisoners spawn in a fancy large jail in the adventure z level, so no one can get to it.

3. The huge prison would compose of many individual cells for each prisoner, contraband storage area, security hub, escape area.

4. Automated security composing of some securitrons and... some drones. Have a special type of drone that fires telegun bullets that teleport you to a genpop area of the prison. As you get further out of the prison have some laser/saw drones scattered as an extra challenge (i might try coding the teledrones, it might be a good way to get into byond code).

5. Escaping: There will be two goals as a prisoner: 1. Get out, leave the prison via the pods in the bay/teleporter. 2. Get your gear, get out, and get back to work. In the contraband room, there should be a bunch of locked lockers for each prisoner that can only be opened by the prisoner they are assigned to. Inside is the prisoner's old gear. If their random crime is serial murder for example, they are a hardmode traitor with a rampagey traitor item. If it's arson, fire based junk, e.g. flamethrower. If it's something like harrasment, you are a miscreant with clown gear. Have something that just gives you syndicate gear, the spacesuit and some guns/rocket launcher with limited ammo. "WHY ARE THERE NUKEOPS 50 MINUTES INTO THE ROUND AFTER A WIZARD?!"

Basically, it's a huge prison with loads of cool shit that requires cunning and planning, maybe even some teamwork, to get out of. If you succeed, you get some cool stuff and to go to the station. If not, maybe play cards with the other losers. The more randomised each shift the better. When my computer gets fixed I might try my hand at making the code for some of this stuff e.g. the teledrones, the way the prison interacts with telesci (being not at all hopefully) and the sechub that you could hack to disable/weaken security systems.

P.S. we gotta have some useful items hidden in toilets, no one uses toilets.
Sounds like fun. I want to get in this prison as soon as it's coded.
(09-07-2016, 11:25 PM)medsal15 Wrote: Sounds like fun. I want to get in this prison as soon as it's coded.

Exactly, I want to have more people trying to be lizard prisoners so they can take on the challenge of breaking out, with the added bonus of some loot at the end and a station to use it on.
Why only have lizards? Have a whole variety of alien characters locked up there. Lawless, partially broken borgs, Mute Martians with weird technology and powers. Get a real team of crazy misfits thing going.

The telescience interaction is a pretty cool idea, I can picture a group of anarchist telescientists getting in touch with the prisoners to help them out. Maybe the prison could have it's own Z level with limited points of entry like the adventure zone. Telescience could send supplies and gear to the prisoners, or a bunch of tooled up dudes to stage a jailbreak.

It would be nifty to have the Arrest records match with the security records on the station, so prisoners who escaped would still need to hide from the law on the station unless they can wipe their record. It would also provide an entertaining place for security to send crimers, sending them far away from the station but with the possibility of escape.
(09-08-2016, 09:43 AM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: Why only have lizards? Have a whole variety of alien characters locked up there. Lawless, partially broken borgs, Mute Martians with weird technology and powers. Get a real team of crazy misfits thing going.

The telescience interaction is a pretty cool idea, I can picture a group of anarchist telescientists getting in touch with the prisoners to help them out. Maybe the prison could have it's own Z level with limited points of entry like the adventure zone. Telescience could send supplies and gear to the prisoners, or a bunch of tooled up dudes to stage a jailbreak.

It would be nifty to have the Arrest records match with the security records on the station, so prisoners who escaped would still need to hide from the law on the station unless they can wipe their record. It would also provide an entertaining place for security to send crimers, sending them far away from the station but with the possibility of escape.

This sounds pretty cool, actually!
How about just fixing up the prison station on the space level so it's actually habitable?
(09-08-2016, 02:57 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: How about just fixing up the prison station on the space level so it's actually habitable?

Or make it an Abandoned Prison station, with it's own hidden items and backstory. 

I think the idea of a prison station in the debris zlevel or elsewhere is a neat idea with a lot of possibilities.

I guess my main issue is that nobody ever uses the offstation prison because it's not really fun for anyone because there's no chance for escape, and making it easier to escape would subvert the point of having a prison station. I think Prison station would be way more fun as a Destiny style thing where it's like Garry's Mod's jailbreak mod but on a SS13 level.
I do like the idea of a prison. I think, to make it not just sitting in a cell, there ought to be some kind of schedule the prisoners need to follow or be harassed by automated guards.

Things like having to go to the canteen for meals, a yard for exercise, a rec room for free time, a bathroom for hygiene, and back to cells for lockdown.

Ecaping would require collecting items from each area and finding places to slip out in between shift changes.
There used to be a Prison in the debris field, I'm not sure why it was removed.

Of course there's the issue of it actually being under watch all the time, and there's rarely enough security officers for one to screw off into space and sit there.

Maybe a robot warden or something.
Shouldn't lizards be grabbing all the head jobs and oppressing humans, illuminati style?

Otherwise I like the idea of a prisoner job and would play nothing else if it was implemented.
(09-08-2016, 05:00 PM)VictorMAngoStein Wrote: Shouldn't lizards be grabbing all the head jobs and oppressing humans, illuminati style?

Otherwise I like the idea of a prisoner job and would play nothing else if it was implemented.

There really ought to be more masks and stuff around for lizard people to disguise themselves as normal human crewmen
(09-08-2016, 05:00 PM)VictorMAngoStein Wrote: Shouldn't lizards be grabbing all the head jobs and oppressing humans, illuminati style?

any lizards who end up on station are failures and rejects. true reptilian overlords dont stoop so low. they're leisurely sitting back at centcom

if you catch a traitor early in the round and they get stripped of all their goodies, and youre hesitant to execute them because neither side had sufficient fun in the round yet, maybe this could be an ok place to dump them. siccing them back on the station after a brief brig stay feels too light, some additional hoops for them to jump thru feels just right.
Just make this a full gamemode.
I like the idea of a 'prison break' game mode, although since there isn't a map to go with it, it might be rather ambitious.

(09-08-2016, 04:49 PM)Arborinus Wrote: There used to be a Prison in the debris field, I'm not sure why it was removed.
Because it's an entire debris field object dedicated to perma-brigging. And perma-brigging is bad.
The prison station was far too small with too little to do.
We'd need a prison roughly the size of the destiny. Or at least half its size