Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello World!
Can someone who knows what they are doing tell me if this ability would work or not and point out any blatant errors in formatting ETC. as i just started using dream maker im sure there are a few.
Also im not entirely sure how to use github to make and merge the changes. (although im sure i could figure it out if tried im already posting this why not let everyone see the answer)
Also just a general dream maker coding/scripting discussion and tips thread.

Link to my first psuedo patch. (still needs to pathed too in multiple other scripts): http://www.filedropper.com/predatorblast_1 (will use github for future uploads)
(09-07-2016, 09:44 PM)New525 Wrote: Can someone who knows what they are doing tell me if this ability would work or not and point out any blatant errors in formatting ETC. as i just started using dream maker im sure there are a few.
Also im not entirely sure how to use github to make and merge the changes. (although im sure i could figure it out if tried im already posting this why not let everyone see the answer)
Also just a general dream maker coding/scripting discussion and tips thread.

Link to my first psuedo patch. (still needs to pathed too in multiple other scripts): http://www.filedropper.com/predatorblast_1 (will use github for future uploads)

Yeah, no one (sensible) is going to download this if uploaded in this way.
Re: Mordent
It's a .txt on a commonly used upload site, if you are really that paranoid open it up in a sandbox on a virtual machine that logs everything.

1. Mixing tabs and spaces. Mr. V gets roasted tabz r the best
  2. Because of that, you also have inconsistent indentation in the code. You have things indented when you should not have them, see predatorblast:51
  3. Our ability code does not really look like this, unless you meant "/datum/targetable/" instead of "/datum/abilities/"
  4. Because of that, you will get numerous errors when you compile since there is no parent type for it to inherit these variables from.
  5. If it was switched, you would get the error "warning: MT.name: use of MT precedes its definition" because you define MT at :51 but you are referencing it at :48. You need to define your variable before you can operate on it.
  6. This would be a much better fit for the projectile system, wth the spell just calling it and feeding it the target and owner. See fireball.dm

That's all I really see without looking at how the code works, I just looked at it overall. Feeding it into a DM compiler next time would help eliminate almost all of the above.
Thanks alot for the feedback. Ill keep working at this and my other ideas for the next few weeks should have some form of functioning patch with a moderate degree of quality by then.
There's also #imcoder on synIRC if you wanna come chat at goonstation coder friends.