Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Antagonist] Parasite
(09-04-2016, 06:29 PM)Arborinus Wrote: If we're worried about equipping non-antags with antag gear, just look at people who steal c-sabers, scan e-guns, etc.

Yes, and that never ends well.
I love the sprites, they're amazing.
I can see every single one of them in the game.

The reasoning behind Mind Slaving is that, while I agree I don't want them to become fancy mind slave implants, I want there to be more strategy than get in a host, wait some, kill some, get in a host, wait some, kill some. So with a Modify Power a Parasite can spend a great deal of FP to gain an ally and make them strong. But that would cost almost 5 FP to start doing, and probably slightly more FP to make them real powerful. Which is quite a bit of FP.
I love the concept of the parasite slowly modifying their host to be the ultimate protective vassal. A few of the ideas i had for the mutations were
Early level Modifications------------
1. Talons: The host grows talons and any punch they throw inflicts bleeding.

2. Enhanced Cardio: The host cardiovascular system is enhanced causing a moderate boost in stamina.

3. Skin modification (scales, crystallization, hardening?): Any modification that affects the hosts skin granting immunity or resistance to extreme temperatures and a small damage reduction

4. Nest: The parasite nests into the hosts brain granting access to the next tier of modifications and if the parasite if sugically removed the hosts brain is damaged causing them to go into a Raj style rage.

Mid-Late level modifications--------------------
1. Acid spray: spray acid at a target doing burn damage and disfiguring.

2. Parasitic harmony: The host and parastie fully integrate causing fleshy tentacles to spurt from various sections of the hosts body, Granting a large increase in damage speed and defense. but making the host obviously infected. attack messages should have new wording such as XXXX whips XXXXX violently with a tentacle.

3. Tentacle control: grants the host full control the tentacles granting a new ability tentacle grab. A tentacle shoots out and grabs the target pulling them adjacent and inflicitng a moderate stun.

4. Mental assimilation: The host and parasites mind become one allowing the parasite to occasionally take full control of the host for around 60 seconds (gving the parastie the ability to try out some of these cool ability's.)

5. Infect. The final ability for the majority of parasites. Basically a ling absorb but with the end result of the victem being infected with his own parasite Each parastie should only be able to do this once and if the progression takes long enough to get to this point there should be no more then 3-5 parasites in a round.

Parasite prime abilitys-------- The orginal parasite should be able to continue upgrading after this point

1. Tentacle burst. A series a sharp tentacles shoot out at lightning speeds up to three tiles ahead of the user Causing massive brute damage and bleeding to anyone hit

2. Severing blow. an attack with a two tile range. A tentacle extends out and delivers a slash with intense speed severing a random limb from the target.

There are definitly some progression and balancing issues, but i believe the kinks can be worked out and that this idea contains massive potential
(09-06-2016, 10:00 AM)New525 Wrote: I love the concept of the parasite slowly modifying their host to be the ultimate protective vassal. A few of the ideas i had for the mutations were
Early level Modifications------------
1. Talons: The host grows talons and any punch they throw inflicts bleeding.

2. Enhanced Cardio: The host cardiovascular system is enhanced causing a moderate boost in stamina.

3. Skin modification (scales, crystallization, hardening?): Any modification that affects the hosts skin granting immunity or resistance to extreme temperatures and a small damage reduction

4.  Nest: The parasite nests into the hosts brain granting access to the next tier of modifications and if the parasite if sugically removed the hosts brain is damaged causing them to go into a Raj style rage.

Mid-Late level modifications--------------------
1. Acid spray: spray acid at a target doing burn damage and disfiguring.

2. Parasitic harmony: The host and parastie fully integrate causing fleshy tentacles to spurt from various sections of the hosts body, Granting a large increase in damage speed and defense. but making the host obviously infected. attack messages should have new wording such as XXXX whips XXXXX violently with a tentacle.

3. Tentacle control: grants the host full control the tentacles granting a new ability tentacle grab. A tentacle shoots out and grabs the target pulling them adjacent and inflicitng a moderate stun.

4. Mental assimilation: The host and parasites mind become one allowing the parasite to occasionally take full control of the host for around 60 seconds (gving the parastie the ability to try out some of these cool ability's.)

5. Infect. The final ability for the majority of parasites. Basically a ling absorb but with the end result of the victem being infected with his own parasite Each parastie should only be able to do this once and if the progression takes long enough to get to this point there should be no more then 3-5 parasites in a round.

Parasite prime abilitys-------- The orginal parasite should be able to continue upgrading after this point

1. Tentacle burst. A series a sharp tentacles shoot out at lightning speeds up to three tiles ahead of the user Causing massive brute damage and bleeding to anyone hit

2.  Severing blow. an attack with a two tile range. A tentacle extends out and delivers a slash with intense speed severing a random limb from the target.

There are definitly some progression and balancing issues, but i believe the kinks can be worked out and that this idea contains massive potential

For spriting purpose's i think the host mutations should make them look a bit like the aliens from lakeview cabin collection which if that isnt much of an indicator as to how i think it should look just think of the thing combined with necromorphs
I seriously want this, fun new antag role, not copyright probably. Where's the downside (the downside is coding I wish my computer wasn't broken I woukd help code things)
Even better with the sprites Arborinus made, which can even help make Robotics useful. Such as the cool heart helping out with blood flow perhaps? Or the eyes making you see people and the dark?
With the update to medical, having a parasite heart could make you immune to hypertension. Everybody hates hypertension.
I support more subtlety and variety in gamemodes. +1 to this and the sprites and Robotics being useful.
https://youtu.be/03QKSjBiG2c