Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Sara Harlow/Rutela Harlow or S-RA and RTL-4 as Borg/AI
BYOND Username: AmaranthineApocalypse
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Times Available: 5pm-12am GMT/BST Usually

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): 

Ok, here it goes

I haven't been around for as long as some of the other people who's applications i've seen in the accepted thread (I've only been playing since April) but i have spent a lot of that time in game. I play mainly on the destiny.

I made it a goal of mine to get acquainted with every single job and system on the ship when i started playing
 and i'd like to think that i've done relatively well on that front. The only things which i don't know how to do at this point are pathology, any signalcrafting that's much more complicated than spoofing a PDA message and DWAINE scripting which i don't even know where to BEGIN with. I'm also not very good at sec.

Okay, now that i'm done short-selling myself i'll talk about the things that i CAN do. I have experience with every single other job on the station, i can set up the engine, hellburn the engine, wire the solars (on the destiny at least, cog2 solars are weird and i don't like them). I'm well versed in everything chemistry, i can bring people back from drinking three crates of hobo wine then huffing plasma/drinking the barmans concoctions/eating the chefs "food" in medbay and can turn hydroponics into a discount medbay/bar/ice cream parlour easily if need be. I also have an intimate knowledge of the adventure zones due to intense nerding after i first figured out how to operate the science teleporter for the first time. I'm also

I'm applying for mentor because i like to answer the questions that people ask in game, i like to think i'm generally not shit, i feel like i get on well with people and i'd like to put some of the knowledge i've wasted spent all this time learning to good use use. I also really like the colour purple.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):

I have never been banned on any server

I should not be allowed to write at 12 o'clock at night
They know stuff, and from my experience are not a shit person. A yes from me.
From what I've seen of you in the forums, you seem quite knowledgeable.

A yes from me.
I'm no bigshot around here, but for what it's worth they're a stellar player on LLJK1.
Seems responsible and knows how to remove a butt. That meets the requirements if I do say so myself.
I don't actually play destiny at all, but from what I've seen from you on the forums is enough to get a yes from me.
Is it poor form to bump your application of it's been dead for a few days?
(09-05-2016, 07:50 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Is it poor form to bump your application of it's been dead for a few days?

Quite honestly, I've never seen you or at least remember seeing you in-game. Not a bad thing, as it's probably time-zones, but other people may be in the same boat too.
(09-05-2016, 01:36 PM)69andahalf Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 07:50 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Is it poor form to bump your application of it's been dead for a few days?

Quite honestly, I've never seen you or at least remember seeing you in-game. Not a bad thing, as it's probably time-zones, but other people may be in the same boat too.

I don't think i've ever seen you in game either, so it's probably time zones. I also spend 99% of my time in game on LLJK1, so if you spend most of your time on LLJK2 it might be that too.
There are a few names that stick out to me on the Destiny server: yours is one of them. You're always fun to interact with and, from what I've seen, keep your cool even when things get salty in ooc. I'd be happy to see your name in purple.
Throwing my peanut in the hat and saying yes. Don't know if I count for much but it's out there.
I recognise that byond name in the times i've played on #1. Pretty good mentor material in terms of knowledge and approachability.
I've seen you on the forums enough to know you know your shit. I vote yes.
Seems quite reasonable and knowledgeable from what I've seen of them, doesn't post anything inane and horrible. Apply the purple to this person.