Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
King Arthur's Gold
Brick 
King Arthur's Gold is a multiplayer building/siege game released in 2011. It's pretty much died a death in tyool 2016, but it's a bunch of fun filling a 64 player ctf server.

Pizzatiger + Robert in irc were talking about playing it, so if anyone else here own's a copy or wants to pick one up for $10, maybe we should play this silly old videogame together sometime.

(pizzatiger linked this video and I didn't watch it so if it's garbage blame him, bless you.)
(08-29-2016, 11:42 AM)Gannets Wrote: King Arthur's Gold is a multiplayer building/siege game released in 2011. It's pretty much died a death in tyool 2016, but it's a bunch of fun filling a 64 player ctf server.

Pizzatiger + Robert in irc were talking about playing it, so if anyone else here own's a copy or wants to pick one up for $10, maybe we should play this silly old videogame together sometime.

(pizzatiger linked this video and I didn't watch it so if it's garbage blame him, bless you.)

Well dang that's pretty neat.
If the video didn't sell you, here are a couple things you can do:

You can build a catapult as a builder, and then launch people + boulders over walls and shit.
YOU CAN PICK UP AND THROW AND RIDE* SHARKS
Archers can get fire arrows which can burn down entire structures (made of wood) in a small amount of time.
You can pick up and throw dead bodies, and i'm pretty sure if you throw them from high enough up, you'll kill anyone they hit.
I dunno if the video went over this, but the melee combat system in the game is pretty interesting. Blocking/Light/Heavy attacks.
Bombs n' shit, in case you really hate how the enemy decorates their structures
You can build viking boats and sail them to the enemy fortress
As an archer, you can hide inside of a tree with your grappling hook, and murder the hell out of anyone under you.
You can dig a tunnel under the entire map raid the enemy from behind their defenses.
I think horse masks are a hat you can wear in the game.
builders can build really elaborate traps.
IRC goons tend to come together to play Barotrauma once in a while, so this sounds delightful.

We should have a "lets play video games together" thread.
Agreed, shotgunbill.

Also, I think I've been playing the 2012 release of this game, which has a lot less features than the 2013 beta client and is probably way less populated as a result. Whoops.

Okay I just checked there's 60 or so players but there was only like 10 on the other client, my point stands!
i was recently given a steem copy of this game. do u guys ever play it. lets play game
good idea misto
(12-31-2016, 05:28 PM)locusts Wrote: good idea misto
Looks great. Been meaning to try this game but was discouraged since the servers are apparently dead.
This seems like the best way to do it big grin
Especially since the game is 75% off on steam and is only $3.00 in my countries shitty currency
I've played this game since it was in alpha. It's fun at times, especially when you destroy everything, like a massive structure.
im megamisto on steam. if you are playing this game or another multiplayer one i have feel free to invite me.

but some games (ie left 4 dead 2) i played hundreds of hours of in previous years and do not have installed because i had my fill of them, so please do not be unhappy if i turn down invitations to such ones
(01-02-2017, 06:24 AM)misto Wrote: im megamisto on steam. if you are playing this game or another multiplayer one i have feel free to invite me.

but some games (ie left 4 dead 2) i played hundreds of hours of in previous years and do not have installed because i had my fill of them, so please do not be unhappy if i turn down invitations to such ones

i refuse to not be unhappy. ill add you even though i cant use steam, im probably shortsquid
If you missed the Steam Sale, I just bought a 4-pack just now. PM me for a key???

edit: 1 key left!!!

(01-02-2017, 09:44 AM)shotgunbill Wrote: edit: no more keys left
All Aboard the Bandwagon sure, I'll get in on this. Someone PM me please if there's ever a night everyone's hopping on. I'm never on IRC and I get an update on my phone when there are messages for me here.
I just got this game on the sale so i'd be up for something.