Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PTL Gun
A CE only traitor weapon that is basically a portable PTL.  Has all the same benefits and restrictions, so yeah you can gib entire hallways but you have to both hell burn and charge the damn thing.  Would also need you to stand on a wire to charge or something.  I'd price it the same as the teleport gun whatever that costs.
Only, ONLY, if it is bulky, it weighs down the user, and it has a delay. What you are proposing is a LOT of firepower, considering a sufficiently-high-powered PTL can turn anyone to ash instantly with no hope of return to the living realm. Maybe... make it anchored to the ground too, so you can't just run and gun.

... Can there be a faint energy line the instant before the actual firing, so the target has a chance to escape? Like the lasers in The Hospital in Super Meat Boy.
make it so that it has a miniature combustion engine that you have to wear on your back to power it
isnt this essentially just a reskin of the zappy gloves
No because you can only aim it in a single vertical or horizontal direction. There used to be talk of mirrors and shit but that never manifested and I don't want people to feel safe from giant lasers just because they aren't outside engineering
What about emagging windows into becoming mirrors that can reflect the PTL all around the station, or into splitters that split the beam into multiple beams that are much less deadly than the big one?
How about the LaserKraftwerk? Cut through walls, wires, meshes without delay! Can also punt nerds in the face and acts as a self-used flash. High cost, requires a helluva good battery and charges at APCs.

(I've been playing a lot of Wolfenstein, shut up)
(08-28-2016, 03:51 PM)SpaceNaba Wrote: How about the LaserKraftwerk? Cut through walls, wires, meshes without delay! Can also punt nerds in the face and acts as a self-used flash. High cost, requires a helluva good battery and charges at APCs.

No but do that though, I loved the LaserKraftwerk
(08-28-2016, 07:42 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(08-28-2016, 03:51 PM)SpaceNaba Wrote: How about the LaserKraftwerk? Cut through walls, wires, meshes without delay! Can also punt nerds in the face and acts as a self-used flash. High cost, requires a helluva good battery and charges at APCs.

No but do that though, I loved the LaserKraftwerk

Thirded
(08-28-2016, 02:58 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: make it so that it has a miniature combustion engine that you have to wear on your back to power it

I do like this idea. Make it a backpack with only one inventory slot, which contains the gun itself.