Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1 Average
make security officer a 50/50 chance to spawn as either a sec officer or vice cop
gotta have that suit, man
I wish there was a 0 star rating.
I rather we keep it a choice.
(08-26-2016, 08:50 PM)Grek Wrote: I wish there was a 0 star rating.

what's your grudge against vice cops

(08-26-2016, 08:57 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: I rather we keep it a choice.

why? is something that functions identically but has a different name/appearance that much of a dealbreaker for you?
Vice cops are a gimmick job and should stay that way.

A gimmick gets old real quick once it's no longer special.
Why? Because there is no good reason to remove choice for a gimmick and what Noah said.

That and I have a hatred for anything random. It's why I don't even bother with pathology.

and I would be really annoyed when I select one job as a late joiner and got another for no real reason! Gimmick job or not. Choice is a good thing, removing a choice is a bad thing.

If I want to play as a Security Officer I'll play as one, If I was to play as a Gimmicky Vice Officer I'll play as one I don't need a RNG system picking my role for me as a late joining player. The Start-up RNG is pretty good at giving me my preferred jobs.
(08-26-2016, 09:32 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Vice cops are a gimmick job and should stay that way.

what gimmick do you speak of? if i suggested that any of the gimmick jobs be added back in to the job pool people would bitch and moan about the boxer gimmick. or the lawyer gimmick. or whatever else. the truth of the matter is that these gimmicks exist. please. let me know when the last time you saw a team of vice cops storm botany and put an end to their drug growing scheme. when was the last time you saw a lawyer actually get a trial set up to defend their client, and not just try and help and break the accused out of their prison cells.  the fact of the matter here noah is that these gimmicks you have up in your idyllic ss13 fantasy land just don't exist
You are quite passionate about this.
(08-27-2016, 05:53 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(08-26-2016, 09:32 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Vice cops are a gimmick job and should stay that way.

what gimmick do you speak of? if i suggested that any of the gimmick jobs be added back in to the job pool people would bitch and moan about the boxer gimmick. or the lawyer gimmick. or whatever else. the truth of the matter is that these gimmicks exist. please. let me know when the last time you saw a team of vice cops storm botany and put an end to their drug growing scheme. when was the last time you saw a lawyer actually get a trial set up to defend their client, and not just try and help and break the accused out of their prison cells.  the fact of the matter here noah is that these gimmicks you have up in your idyllic ss13 fantasy land just don't exist

You're only strengthening my argument. The exact reason you don't see them very often is because they get old real quickly.

Trials are clusterfucks. Botany raids are boring unless the botanists play along by making secret drug dens. The boxer's whole schtick is borderline griefing.
(08-27-2016, 05:53 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: ... let me know when the last time you saw a team of vice cops storm botany and put an end to their drug growing scheme. when was the last time you saw a lawyer actually get a trial set up to defend their client...

(08-27-2016, 07:28 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: You're only strengthening my argument. The exact reason you don't see them very often is because they get old real quickly.

Trials are clusterfucks. Botany raids are boring unless the botanists play along by making secret drug dens. The boxer's whole schtick is borderline griefing.

You folks don't play on LLJK1, do you? There's normally a couple people playing gimmick jobs there in any given round.

Agreed about the boxer being borderline griefing, the rest seem pretty okay (albeit dependent on others for interaction, which is fine on LLJK1).
(08-27-2016, 08:12 AM)Mordent Wrote:
(08-27-2016, 05:53 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: ... let me know when the last time you saw a team of vice cops storm botany and put an end to their drug growing scheme. when was the last time you saw a lawyer actually get a trial set up to defend their client...

(08-27-2016, 07:28 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: You're only strengthening my argument. The exact reason you don't see them very often is because they get old real quickly.

You folks don't play on LLJK1, do you? There's normally a couple people playing gimmick jobs there in any given round.

Agreed about the boxer being borderline griefing, the rest seem pretty okay (albeit dependent on others for interaction, which is fine on LLJK1).

LLJK1 is a totally different animal where the argument of gimmicks getting run into the ground doesn't apply nearly as much.
Most gimmick jobs have their stuff lying around on the station, so if an assistant feels like playing lawyer or boxing people they can do it even if the job itself isn't available for latejoiners.

Having Sec Officers randomly spawn as Vice Officers is a bad idea, but the suit IS pretty nice. There's a sec wardrobe with the Magnum PI shirt and other assorted cop costumery; if there's not already a Vice Officer's suit there, maybe there should be.
Yeah seems like the easiest solution would be to just have a vice cop suit or two lying around sec, then if any officers want to run a vice cop gimmick they can go petition the HOP for an ID change like any other peasant.
where do you keep getting these weird suggestions/ideas
You guys are acting like a uniform and name change is the end of the world, and like it would ever actually matter.

This change wouldn't really be needed though since the gimmick job already appears and normal sec officers can go get an ID change. Put the vice cop uniform in a crate somewhere. It was like that in Cog1, I don't see why not.

A whole system of random silly titles and ranks for security officers would be pretty cool. The Head of Security or Captain could even have a bunch of random shiny badges to pin on to good officers to add to their title. Deputy, Sheriff, Space Patrol, Major, Trooper, Constable, etc.

Don't you guys like fun?