Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Heist Round
I posted about it on Something Awful, but I had an idea similar to the Conspiracy round someone else suggested:

---Heads cannot be thieves (of the traitorous variety at least) for these rounds.

---All thieves start with Sunglasses in inventory and a Multi-frequency Headset initially all set to the same random frequency. They also each spawn with some Odd Electronics. Their PDAs all come with a program that tracks the Stash and all Odd Electronics, and pings them when the Stash is assembled or disassembled. All thieves have the toggle-able intrinsic ability to conceal their names when talking over a radio, should they wish to, replacing it with Mister [random color name] (set at the beginning of the round).

---When the thieves have three (or maybe just two in smaller rounds) Odd Electronics in one place, the Stash spawns. The Stash is basically distinctive Syndicate-looking teleport pad, anything pushed or placed onto it teleports away, and pays out an appropriate amount of money to shared 'account'. 

---The Stash can be disassembled back into Odd Electronics. Odd Electronics should be indestructible, allowing the thieves to potentially retrieve them if Security impounds them.

---Each thief can pull one of the following out of the Stash:
------Disguise Kit (Chameleon Suit, Voice Changer, Two Agent Cards)
------Wetwork Kit (.22 Pistol Box, Syndicate Dagger)
------B&E Kit (Stealth Container, Breaching Charge, full set of normal hacking items)

---The thieves' have the dual objectives to steal a certain monetary value worth of stuff, to steal like 1-2 specific high value items per thief spawned (like the captain's hat/gun, a botany vending machine, a pair of thermals, or Beepsky), and to escape with 75% or more of the Odd Electronics spawned.

---Occasionally (10%-ish), a thief is actually an undercover cop. Their goal is to ensure that the thieves steal at least half of their monetary goal, then to make sure they end the round either handcuffed on the shuttle, or in the brig. The undercover cop has the ability to Begin Sting Operation, which sends the name of the undercover cop and all the thieves to all Security members' PDAs, but starts a few minute-ish timer before police sirens blare all over the station and all the thieves get a message along the lines of 'You've been set up! Run for it!'. If this happens, all real thieves objectives change to 'Make sure the undercover cop is dead' and 'Escape on the shuttle unhandcuffed'. (Undercover cops can also contact security without calling the Sting Operation, but security has no way of determining if they are lying.)

---Occasionally (also 10%-ish), once the monetary goal is about 75% reached, one or two thieves may receive an additional objective: Make sure you are the only thief to escape the station. 

---Hitting certain money-in-shared-account thresholds should probably give the thieves some kind of escalating rewards, like most other traitor types, but I'm not really sure what. I don't really think they should get more powerful traitor gear, since the idea is to encourage low-powered treason.

The idea is a lower-powered, teamwork-oriented traitor round that hopefully won't devolve into a team deathmatch with Security.
Cool idea, I like the concept of heist-y thievery more than the usual fare. Some suggestions for gear:
  • Duffel bag 
A briefcase style bag that can accommodate larger items. Click on a pile of money with it to automatically shove it in the bag. Can be thrown and caught similar to basketballs.
  • Data spike
A single use emag, but only works on doors and lockers. Makes it a bit easier for heist teams to steal stuff from secure locker, or open up a door in a pinch.
  • K-O Grenades 
Grenades that spew out N02 on detonation, sending everyone not wearing internals to sleep so you can steal their shoes to sell on the black market.

A neat idea would be to require all gear to be bought using credits, with only the lower powered stuff being in reach with the starting funds. Higher powered things like cloakers, knockout gas grenades and holographic disguisers could be available after the crew has made some money. It would mean that spawning more gear could cut into your cash goal for the heist.

Some kinda secure space-Swiss bank account would be a nice place for heisters to store their ill-gotten gains out of reach of an envious crew.
I find their gear iffy. B&E is very weak and Wetwork is just enough to get a person get the whole group in trouble without letting them actually accomplish anything. How about:
  • Disguise Kit: Agent Card, Chameleon Suit, Voice Changer.
  • Wetwork Kit: Agent Card, EMP Grenade Box, .22 Pistol Box.
  • Infiltration Kit: Agent Card, Mailman Suit, Chameleon Projector.
After that, you just give everyone the ability to withdraw money from the stash. With everyone getting an agent card, they can go to the Listening Post and buy shit from C.A.R.L. or I guess other merchants.
This thread inspired me to make some sprites that I'm still working on, but I thought I would hi-jack the thread share my ideas in the meantime:

Clown Heist:

[Image: yMSO2Ky.png]

A highly trained band of space criminal clown heisters have come to the station for the next big score.

Theres 4 clowns, each with their own unique mask and specialized clown suit. They start with inherent abilities (like Wrestler) that let them sometimes dodge bullets, and jump around to do crazy clown moves.

I'm not sure how the round would start, either 4 people spawn as agents like Nuke or are chosen and told to meet up. Either way I was thinking the drop off point could be a clown car, since there's so much space inside. Once they agree to go loud they don their masks and suits and start their objectives: The same ideas as the original post, but this could go as ridiculous as needed since they are clowns.

Bring 5 coffee mugs and Gnome Chompski to the drop off point for your next objective.
Having a list of completely random things to steal would keep gameplay varied and fun rather than them busting into the same area the same way round after round. A specialized pinpointer would need to be coded.

Heisting gear could include: Amplified Vuvuzelas, Banana Grenades, Repeating Pie launcher, All purpose Rubber chicken, Giant novelty sledgehammers ... the list goes on.
there was some spitballing and theorizing in an old thread about similar concepts, i will go have a look to find it

http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=4953

yeah it doesnt start till a few posts in but ppl quickly leap on heisting ideas
B&E Kit should include a welding helmet or some kind of stylish welding goggles.

I feel like one of the super fun rewards would be the traitor engineers pickpocket gun that lets them disarm and blind people. Which is a traitor item I don't see used often enough.

Also maybe the disguise kit could include a sleepy pen.

Any traitor items the Heisters unlock or possess should be ones based on subterfuge.

Most of the ideas in the original thread kinda got off track but the core idea is cool.
Maybe a weaker version of the sleepy pen that has more capacity but can't be refilled. The pen is one of the strongest rampage tools, and something I'd prefer to avoid.

(08-26-2016, 03:41 PM)Grek Wrote: I find their gear iffy. B&E is very weak and Wetwork is just enough to get a person get the whole group in trouble without letting them actually accomplish anything. How about:
  • Disguise Kit: Agent Card, Chameleon Suit, Voice Changer.
  • Wetwork Kit: Agent Card, EMP Grenade Box, .22 Pistol Box.
  • Infiltration Kit: Agent Card, Mailman Suit, Chameleon Projector.
After that, you just give everyone the ability to withdraw money from the stash. With everyone getting an agent card, they can go to the Listening Post and buy shit from C.A.R.L. or I guess other merchants.

Yeah I could see these. The mailman suit in particular is real fun, but maybe should maybe have an alternative sprite. Like a tactical turtleneck or something.
(08-26-2016, 10:48 PM)Arborinus Wrote: This thread inspired me to make some sprites that I'm still working on, but I thought I would hi-jack the thread share my ideas in the meantime:

Clown Heist:

[Image: yMSO2Ky.png]

A highly trained band of space criminal clown heisters have come to the station for the next big score.

Theres 4 clowns, each with their own unique mask and specialized clown suit. They start with inherent abilities (like Wrestler) that let them sometimes dodge bullets, and jump around to do crazy clown moves.

I'm not sure how the round would start, either 4 people spawn as agents like Nuke or are chosen and told to meet up. Either way I was thinking the drop off point could be a clown car, since there's so much space inside. Once they agree to go loud they don their masks and suits and start their objectives: The same ideas as the original post, but this could go as ridiculous as needed since they are clowns.

Bring 5 coffee mugs and Gnome Chompski to the drop off point for your next objective.
Having a list of completely random things to steal would keep gameplay varied and fun rather than them busting into the same area the same way round after round. A specialized pinpointer would need to be coded.

Heisting gear could include: Amplified Vuvuzelas, Banana Grenades, Repeating Pie launcher, All purpose Rubber chicken, Giant novelty sledgehammers ... the list goes on.

so essentially stealth payday IN SPACE!!!
What I think would be nice is to take this idea and roll it into conspiracy mode so there is one central mode with stealth teamwork as it's core.

Like, conspiracy should have several objectives that can be randomly chosen from at start. Heist/theft could be one, as well as things like kidnapping, arson, fraud, assassination, coup, and all manner of clandestine activity.

It would really work with the idea of conspiracy since even if you discover that there is a conspiracy, you might not know what their ultimate goal is.
(08-27-2016, 11:49 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: WORDS

Yes, absolutely this. Conspiracies should be weird, unexpected and unpredictable. Having loads of different objectives would prevent it from becoming stale.
(08-27-2016, 11:49 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: What I think would be nice is to take this idea and roll it into conspiracy mode so there is one central mode with stealth teamwork as it's core.

Like, conspiracy should have several objectives that can be randomly chosen from at start. Heist/theft could be one, as well as things like kidnapping, arson, fraud, assassination, coup, and all manner of clandestine activity.

It would really work with the idea of conspiracy since even if you discover that there is a conspiracy, you might not know what their ultimate goal is.

DING DING DING, WE HAVE A WINNER.

This is a brilliant idea and I would absolutely love to see this implemented.

Of course, this is all dependent on Grayshift feeling up to the task.
(08-27-2016, 11:49 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: What I think would be nice is to take this idea and roll it into conspiracy mode so there is one central mode with stealth teamwork as it's core.

Conspiracy continues to be one of my favorite gamemode ideas. Please implement it, and this inside of it. I love the coordination allowed by Nukies, but they literally have one (1) objective, one they almost always win at. Being forced to work together rather than the usual "every man for himself" strategy crewmen use would be actually really fun, I think.

If Conspiracies had the level of variety gimmicks, miscreants, and the like did (which ought to have more, themselves) it would add a lot of flavor and unpredictability.

(08-27-2016, 06:39 AM)atomic1fire Wrote: [...]I feel like one of the super fun rewards would be the traitor engineers pickpocket gun that lets them disarm and blind people.[...]

Fuck yes please I love that thing, but no one uses it (partly because engineer has very little draw, since an assistant with a belt can do everything he does just as well, minus a small amount of item access).