Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Unrepairable Consoles
In a recent round, a supply request console was bombed. The screen cracked, but the console itself remained. Normally, this would be a simple case of Screwdriver (+crowbar sometimes) to remove the broken glass, replace glass, screwdriver the glass back in. However, the screwdriver failed to interact with the console. On closer inspection, the right-click menu for the console didn't even have the "Look" command listed, and Alt+Click failed to yield anything.

I have vague recollections of having trouble repairing consoles sometimes before, but this is the first time I've actually sat down and really looked at them when they are obstinate.
As the AI, when I tried to examine it, the console told me that the AI wire was cut.
qm computers are some arcane shit. im pretty sure they arent scannable by device analyzers, but i havent tried in a while. do they even have a circuit board? are they even buildable at all?
As far as I know, genetics and supply consoles cannot be fixed or replaced if broken.
(08-30-2016, 03:59 AM)Xavieri Wrote: As far as I know, genetics consoles cannot be fixed or replaced if broken.

Last time I tried, I even scanned the board and activated my mutations in space. Has this been changed? Dang coders.
(08-30-2016, 03:59 AM)Xavieri Wrote: As far as I know, genetics and supply consoles cannot be fixed or replaced if broken.

Last i heard, Mordent was working on it
(08-30-2016, 07:34 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(08-30-2016, 03:59 AM)Xavieri Wrote: As far as I know, genetics and supply consoles cannot be fixed or replaced if broken.

Last i heard, Mordent was working on it

I am. Got distracted with rubber stamps and such, so getting that done first.