Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Vampire blood ingestion
This thread has just made me realize something.

Vampires don't actually suffer any ill effects from having holy water in their bloodstreams. They only take damage upon the initial splash/ingestion.
(08-27-2016, 04:32 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: This thread has just made me realize something.

Vampires don't actually suffer any ill effects from having holy water in their bloodstreams. They only take damage upon the initial splash/ingestion.

well that makes no sense
if I injected acid into my veins I would sure feel more than just the needle
(08-26-2016, 12:48 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: How about a new spell, Vampire purge.

Regurgitate any chems in your blood stream at a small blood cost

I was thinking about something like that. Rather than regurgitating it entirely, it should increase the depletion rate of harmful/all chemicals for a few moments, with the option to increase it more at a greater blood cost.

For the holy water abuse, add a natural/blood costing ability to sense holy things (like holy water) that would warn the vampire about to suck blood from someone filled with holy water.
I guess that's what real vampires would have.
Yeah in vampire lore the priest would cause them to recoil anyway so they should know
So, bumping this very dead post (because I mentioned it in Discord and Firebarrage mentioned he'd made a thread) but I would love to see something like this.

The idea of a crew pumping themselves full of poisons just on the off chance a vampire attacks them instead of stealing sunglasses from somewhere is hilarious to me. The same as getting yourself ludicrously drunk.

As for actually being abusable, I'm not too sure. Drinking loads of holy water should be some kind of defense against a vampire, they can just strip your stuff and kidnap you, and wait for the water to leave their system. Although it probably would be good for the vampire to detect holy water in people, as others have said.
Would holy water still be all that holy having give through a spaceman?