Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Vampire blood ingestion
Currently the way that vampires are coded the way a vampire drinks blood is just by directly subtracting the blood from the victim and adding it to the vampire. I think it would be better/more entertaining for them to not only ingest the blood, but a portion of any chemicals in their bloodstream at the time. This could lead to entertaining situations of a careless vampire grabbing an assistant on his 10th bottle of hobo wine and ending up too plastered to stumble out of maintenance after a single bite. It would also be easily taken care of by vampires making sure to do a quick health exam before allowing their victim to make a donation, which would hopefully lead to equally entertaining stories of vampires desperately trying to sober up their victims in some god forsaken part of maintenence.
(08-25-2016, 08:09 PM)Firebarrage Wrote: Currently the way that vampires are coded the way a vampire drinks blood is just by directly subtracting the blood from the victim and adding it to the vampire. I think it would be better/more entertaining for them to not only ingest the blood, but a portion of any chemicals in their bloodstream at the time. This could lead to entertaining situations of a careless vampire grabbing an assistant on his 10th bottle of hobo wine and ending up too plastered to stumble out of maintenance after a single bite. It would also be easily taken care of by vampires making sure to do a quick health exam before allowing their victim to make a donation, which would hopefully lead to equally entertaining stories of vampires desperately trying to sober up their victims in some god forsaken part of maintenence.

I can see this going wrong in so many different ways.
everybody just sips holy water and eating garlic and the poor vampire starves

injector belt of holy water turns clown into perfect trojan horse

god and imagine if you picked the trait that made reagents last extra long in you

edit: i am not detracting from the idea i love it. probably nobody would bother tricking vampires in these ways because that demands forethought and preparation and you usually never know vampires are about till its too late
"Well, that's why we have the lab."

I love the idea, but I think it would suck all the fun out of playing vampire; every bite would be like playing Russian Ritalin roulette.
(08-25-2016, 10:05 PM)misto Wrote: everybody just sips holy water and eating garlic and the poor vampire starves

injector belt of holy water turns clown into perfect trojan horse

god and imagine if you picked the trait that made reagents last extra long in you

edit: i am not detracting from the idea i love it. probably nobody would bother tricking vampires in these ways because that demands forethought and preparation and you usually never know vampires are about till its too late

That and also you have to literally poison yourself 24/7 or spend relatively rare/somewhat annoying stuff constantly in the case you might have a vampire.

Sometimes I don't even last long enough against vamps to do that.
Even if someone was shoveling drugs in their face constantly and had the extra-length reagent trait a vampire would only have to do a single reagent or upgraded health scan to notice it and leave them alone. Also I love the idea of a vampire tying up some drug addicted crewmember and forcefeeding them calomel and charcoal until they arent poisonous anymore.
How about a new spell, Vampire purge.

Regurgitate any chems in your blood stream at a small blood cost
This seems like the kind of thing that sounds neat on paper, but terrible in practice.

This would make vampire feeding needlessly tedious and people will definitely poison themselves to ruin a vampire's meal (e.g : suicide during vampire feeding was disabled because people kept doing it to reduce blood value)
(08-26-2016, 01:22 PM)Zafhset Wrote: This seems like the kind of thing that sounds neat on paper, but terrible in practice.

This would make vampire feeding needlessly tedious and people will definitely poison themselves to ruin a vampire's meal (e.g : suicide during vampire feeding was disabled because people kept doing it to reduce blood value)

I don't think you would run into people managing to poison vampires that often. To do this you would have to either be poisoned constantly or manage to get yourself poisoned right before the vamp glares at you. In the first scenario you would just die to poison instead of a vampire, and in the second you would have to somehow know that the vampire was about to attack you, which is hard (and it would be much more effective to just get a weapon than to fight a vampire while poisoned).

And I'll say once again that it is ultra easy for a vampire to just scan someone to avoid all of this trouble if they want to.
I feel like in practice, this would result in everyone filling themselves to the brim with holy water, while the vampire just does the thing where they steal all the blood packs and then feed off the diner NPCs forever while healing them up.

Also remember that vampires rely on the element of surprise and not getting caught, if you down a guy and then find out you can't eat him you're still pretty much obligated to murder him otherwise when he wakes up he'll spend the rest of the round hunting you down for revenge, so that's a lot of potential warm bodies wasted.
I gotta agree, I see this idea leading to alot of issues for the game mode.
i like this idea

vampire rounds could stand to be a bit more difficult for the vampire
Have it only work for stuff that would metabolize anyway. So someone with booze in them gives the vampire a healthy dose of ethanol
vampires are undead, you could give them resistance/immunity to whatever common poisons/alcohols/diseases you want. if people are willing to stuff themselves with holy water or hyper-potent garlic, which someone would have to go thru trouble to mix/grow, well, since when is clever preparedness to be frowned on?

most ppl will prob neglect or forget to do it after the first few times anyways
I think it would be more fun to let them be affected like they currently are. After all, half the fun of this is seeing vampires get drunk off of random people's blood. I agree that most people will forget to do it after the initial fun new-ness wears off, and it it would become more of a funny thing that happens to careless vampires now and again, not something that people purposely do when they know there is a vampire.

... But even if people did react to this I would still find it hilarious is half the crew sarined themselves to death just because they were afraid of a vampire that was only going to get 3 people anyway.