Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More variety in crates
I've been cracking a lot of crates recently and have found that the higher level crates are pretty static in their contents.  Of note especially are the heavily reinforced crates which always contain a voltron, or at least have so far.

There should be other top tier crate contents, say for instance a stronger mob than space bears which appear in reinforced research crates.  Good things too, like million dollar bills or rock it launchers...anything not too game breaking that is hard to get normally.  I should have to worry about space wasps and maybe even a low yield proxy bomb if you want to get crazy with it...anything to make it more unpredictable.
The issue with putting really good stuff in crates is that there are SO MANY crates, it'd be so easy to get something that strong.

As for Tier 3 crates, they don't just contain voltrons, but that certainly is the most common drop by far.
There are the magic communcation rings, but it's useless if you have nobody to speak with.
Oh yeah I forgot I could look at the code

That is a heck of a small list and only research crates get anything other than a voltron in tier 3 crates. There is so much stuff that is inconsequential yet rare that could go on those!!!
i know a good thing to put in crates: druggs and lots of them. and fermids. and wasps. and kocmoc pchelas. and ammunitions
YES GIVE US THE DRUGS

Maybe some weird shit like rainbow fluid too
Oh yeah a way to make things less easy for people who wanna grab all the high end loot would be to actually make the traps dangerous again. Before they'd all pretty much have a chance to blow up in your face and cause a big chunk of damage. Now most of the time it's the items inside that are more at risk.
sometimes the traps dont seem to trigger properly. like the spikes or the electro shock. or you could get a borg to hack the crates open and they barely give a fuck about the spikes and electricity

the crates exploding was a bitch though but i guess if explosion security was limited to boxes containing the really good shit it would be understandable
We could use more interesting doodads like the rings and the voltron. Honestly just putting crate-only cosmetic items would probably get me to dig through them more often. You could also have stuff like random gene injectors and strong pathogen samples into the medcrates, I guess.
(08-25-2016, 08:33 PM)medsal15 Wrote: There are the magic communcation rings, but it's useless if you have nobody to speak with.

What kind of crates do those even spawn in?

Anyway, I support more crate diversity. I enjoy going debris field exploring and opening crates, and getting new stuff would be fun.
(08-26-2016, 04:44 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(08-25-2016, 08:33 PM)medsal15 Wrote: There are the magic communcation rings, but it's useless if you have nobody to speak with.

Anyway, I support more crate diversity. I enjoy going debris field exploring and opening crates, and getting new stuff would be fun.

As someone who visits the faint signal atleast once a round for a voltron I have a lot of experience with the loot drops from crates.

Jeweled bracelets are the rarest drop and come from the red heavily reinforced crates. In my experience id say red crates are 80% voltrons 20% jewelled bracelets.
New crate trap idea. Injectors that poke you with some nasty chems/pathogens
(08-26-2016, 12:30 PM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote:
(08-26-2016, 04:44 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote:

As someone who visits the faint signal atleast once a round for a voltron I have a lot of experience with the loot drops from crates.

Jeweled bracelets are the rarest drop and come from the red heavily reinforced crates. In my experience id say red crates are 80% voltrons 20% jewelled bracelets.

Not only that, but only research type heavily reinforced crates.

Oddly, according to the code, heavily reinforced research crates should have a 50/50 chance of being a voltron or the bracelets.
... and every other top-tier crate has just the voltron, right? Yeah we could use some variety, even if it's just a chance to pop a yeti or something.
(08-26-2016, 12:54 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: ... and every other top-tier crate has just the voltron, right? Yeah we could use some variety, even if it's just a chance to pop a yeti or something.

Yep.