Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost drone shadow weirdness
I suicided with handcuffs (the tearing your brain out one) so I could ghost drone around and fix up stuff. While droning around, someone stuck my brain back in my body but  got interrupted before he could clone me. I got dragged out of my drone body and became a ghost. While being a ghost, this is what the world looked like.

[Image: 2RwGkbp.png]

Later on, someone who joined after I became a drone entered the room, and this is what it looked like.

[Image: s3inGVa.png]

Observing other people also resulted in the same silhouette weirdness. Also, I was ineligible from becoming a new ghost drone after that.

E: and yes to clarify in advance, I know that's what people are supposed to look like for ghost drones. Less so regular ghosts.
Bug aside that looks really cool. Like the darkness figures almost.
The bug here is you being ripped out of your drone body to begin with. That shouldn't be possible. The overlay weirdness is just a secondary side effect.
you can also see ppl fine when they ride on the utility tractor, forklift, etc i think
(08-25-2016, 03:29 PM)misto Wrote: you can also see ppl fine when they ride on the utility tractor, forklift, etc i think

That is a different bug related to overlays (the mob doesn't actually exist when inside one of those vehicles, just a "snapshot" of the mob sprite). Probably a huge pain to fix.
(08-25-2016, 03:51 PM)Wire Wrote:
(08-25-2016, 03:29 PM)misto Wrote: you can also see ppl fine when they ride on the utility tractor, forklift, etc i think

That is a different bug related to overlays (the mob doesn't actually exist when inside one of those vehicles, just a "snapshot" of the mob sprite). Probably a huge pain to fix.

Simple and easy fix: blur out the entire sprite of any occupied vehicles.
Honestly it doesn't seem like a big deal really, even with the silhouettes it's pretty easy to tell who people are and you're forbidden by drone law to interact with them regardless.
If your byond isn't updated right you can't see people AT ALL as a ghost drone
i know this is probably a separate issue to the player silhouettes, but i recently turned on my flashlight as a ghost drone, stored it (which still keeps the flashlight aura active), and followed an emagged floorbot around fixing the holes it made. the newly fixed floors appeared nearly pitch black