Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
misto tries spriting, also new trader portraits
(05-17-2017, 09:18 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:  already armed enough to clear the area it's found in.

Telescience
But then again, you can get a phaser which is somewhat better
For me, rock-it launcher looks like an admin fudgery tool, quickly made availible to normal spessman by slapping down a crate in the martian outpost. Remember when wonk some admin filled it with space bears?
the hissing and popping sounds the airbridge makes could be good sound effects to use for air gun
hello my friends. do u have any advice for getting started learning how to make map of space station 13? so i can help make gooder maps smile there seem to be some tg station guides. is their advice all applicable to goon?
(05-28-2017, 09:28 AM)misto Wrote: hello my friends. do u have any advice for getting started learning how to make map of space station 13? so i can help make gooder maps smile  there seem to be some tg station guides. is their advice all applicable to goon?

Personally? I don't really know much about mapping. Try talking to Haine, Wrongend, Dions and a69andahalf

Haine and Wrongend were the ones who ported the destiny over to goon, Dions designed the NSS Clarion which - arguably one of our best maps - and iirc, a69andahalf made the clarion from Dions design
(05-28-2017, 09:28 AM)misto Wrote: hello my friends. do u have any advice for getting started learning how to make map of space station 13? so i can help make gooder maps smile  there seem to be some tg station guides. is their advice all applicable to goon?

Not sure what you've learned from the /tg/ guides but here's some tips:
  1. Load up the destiny/cogmap2/etc maps while working on your map, it will fill up your object menu with premade instances so you don't have to recreate everything (especially helpful for floors)
  2. Use pixel_x and pixel_y to change the offset of an object like a poster/light rather than nudging it
  3. When you load the map, click the layers tab on top and uncheck area, then check only show selectable layers. It'll get rid of all the annoying X's and area markers which you can work on separately from everything else

Make a neat pixel map first, so you know what you're doing IMO. Then it's just a case of putting down the basics, and building up rooms from there. Generally you want to have a plan going in so you don't give up halfway through. There's obviously a lot more to it than that, but this gives you a general idea I guess.

This is what the map Dions made looked like:[Image: IvjfPck.png]

(we probably should throw together a guide some day)
I would love to help make a guide, if thats cool with you

My advice for making a map is to let it develop organically. Personally im not big on pixel maps BUT they definitely can work if youre the type of person who likes planning. I think mapping off the dome and just adding what you think would fit best is the most fun way to map, and once you finish a basic outline of the map you can go through, move stuff around and reorganize things to play better
oh yeah. if you ever implement the airgun and pipe shotgun, they should probably be 2handed, since i saw you have implemented 2handedness of wepons. although, would that mean you have to drop them on the floor in order to stuff a new ammo in?