Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
misto tries spriting, also new trader portraits
please help do u kno any way to make the files able to be read again or do i have to just redo the many works i did
(05-14-2017, 03:13 PM)misto Wrote: please help do u kno any way to make the files able to be read again or do i have to just redo the many works i did

Try changing the extensions back to PNG and copying it into a new DMI file
sadly the files have since vanished (???) (maybe they didnt save properly when i closed the program) so i really have to redo all the work now. but its going smoother now that im more used to it.

should i include build-in-process sprites, like how the flamethrower is a welder/rods and then welder/rods/igniter assembly before it becomes a flamethrower,and if so which file should i include those sprites with
airgun sprites: big sprite, and right and left handed. the air gun is intended to launch items with air pressure by channeling an air tank's contents thru a modified welding tool (acting as a trigger and valve) and into a barrel. make adjustments as you please. if you need me to make any corrections or provide build-in-process sprites please ask.

.dmi   airgunbigsprite.dmi (Size: 678 bytes / Downloads: 303)

.dmi   airgunlefthanded.dmi (Size: 420 bytes / Downloads: 320)

.dmi   airgunrighthanded.dmi (Size: 430 bytes / Downloads: 315)

.dmi   pipegunbigsprite.dmi (Size: 321 bytes / Downloads: 304)

.dmi   pipegunlefthanded.dmi (Size: 420 bytes / Downloads: 311)

.dmi   pipegunrighthanded.dmi (Size: 425 bytes / Downloads: 301)

here are the pipe gun sprites. big sprite, right and left handed. the pipe gun is intended to NOT explode in exchange for shooting just one shot at a time rather than the zipguns two. it is intended to be a simple slamfire shotgun but if that ammunition is too scarce you can make it work with all ammunitions just like the zipgun magically does. make any adjustments you please. if you need me to make corrections or provide build in progress sprites just ask.

.dmi   wrenchclubbigsprite.dmi (Size: 490 bytes / Downloads: 309)

.dmi   wrenchclublefthanded.dmi (Size: 362 bytes / Downloads: 314)

.dmi   wrenchclubrighthanded.dmi (Size: 360 bytes / Downloads: 301)

and here is the wrench padded club thing. it is intended to be something you bonk people on the head with that does heavy stam damage but still little brute damage. should be defeated by helmets and perhaps some hats, it is up to your judgement. body blows and limb blows with it should be much less effective and similarly defeated by armors. if you need me to etc. etc. you know the drill
(05-15-2017, 12:50 AM)misto Wrote: should i include build-in-process sprites, like how the flamethrower is a welder/rods and then welder/rods/igniter assembly before it becomes a flamethrower,and if so which file should i include those sprites with

Yes please, Misto and you can just put them into the same file as the main ones, it makes things neater
very strange. the same problem happened again and it wont even let me delete or rename the old files

ok. here are the bigsprite files with new build-progress sprites

.dmi   airgunbigspritenew.dmi (Size: 845 bytes / Downloads: 307)

airgun build process -> hollow a pipeframe -> use screwdriver on weldingtool to begin modifying its guts -> slap hollow pipeframe on weldingtool to create the sprite with the bits hanging out the bottom -> use screwdriver again to finish modifying the welder guts and stuff them back in and create the unloaded airgun -> load in airtank -> select air pressure per shot and now its ready to have stuff put in to shoot

.dmi   pipegunbigspritenew.dmi (Size: 415 bytes / Downloads: 321)

pipegun build process -> hollow 2 pipeframes and slap them together -> "you carefully select and modify two pipes to slide smoothly into one another" -> hit the 2 pipes sprite with rods -> "you select some pieces of rod and modify them to provide grips, sights, and a firing pin" -> use lit welder on the jumbly sprite to weld the stuff together into the pipegun

.dmi   wrenchclubbigspritenew.dmi (Size: 773 bytes / Downloads: 321)

wrench club thing's build process -> slap cable coil and wrench together -> "you wrap the head of the wrench with cables, adding some moderate heft" -> add fabric covering (obtained by ripping bedsheet or whatever) -> tie it off with a little more coil and it is the finished padded small club

trying to pick up or hit someone with any of the unfinished objects should either do nothing or cause them to fall apart into their previous components

also, would it help get my traders portraits put in if i turned them into dmis too?
oh yeah. it just occurred to me that the pipegun should probably be excluded from firing 40mm grenades, because then it would basically be better than the riot launcher?

oh, and notes on the airgun.

consider letting it fire stuff that continues going offscreen, because otherwise it doesnt offer a lot of improved functionality over a throw, does it?

stuff shot by the airgun should do enhanced damage on impact depending on the pressure it is shot with, possibly embed into ppl or cause bleeds if its something like a rod, shard, arrow, etc.
(05-16-2017, 11:19 PM)misto Wrote: stuff shot by the airgun should do enhanced damage on impact depending on the pressure it is shot with, possibly embed into ppl or cause bleeds if its something like a rod, shard, arrow, etc.
Makes sense. Keep it low pressure for goofy hijinx, or blow the entire tank on one powershot and launch a rod through the clown's torso
airgun honestly sounds a like the rock-it launcher. no one uses that tho
how does one build the rock it launcher? i cannot find mention of it on the wiki. could it be that there is no way to build it? could that contribute to no one using it?
(05-16-2017, 11:40 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: airgun honestly sounds a like the rock-it launcher. no one uses that tho

Probably because they can't build one from whole cloth
(05-16-2017, 11:44 PM)misto Wrote: how does one build the rock it launcher? i cannot find mention of it on the wiki. could it be that there is no way to build it? could that contribute to no one using it?

you don't build it, it's loot from most of the way into the martian ship, which is too many martians for most people.
if it is stepping on the rockit launchers toes too much, perhaps the case could be made for buffing the rockit to make it more attractive loot
(05-17-2017, 01:24 AM)misto Wrote: if it is stepping on the rockit launchers toes too much, perhaps the case could be made for buffing the rockit to make it more attractive loot

nah i think a craftable version will work well, but it'll have to be a bit worse than the rock-it launcher, which should maybe do some extra damage
Theres also no real point in getting it if you're already armed enough to clear the area it's found in. It might make more sense if it was craftable or found in those locked crates.

Could probably do with some firing sounds and messages too. It just feels like an unfinished test object to me.