Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WrongEnd's Writing Commissions
Hi! I'm offering to provide professional-grade stories in return for money. I can also do worldbuilding, and I'll throw in free (non-professional) maps too.

There's really not much detail to it, so I'll give you my rates, standards, and a sample story.

My rates are $10 per hour, with the time spent only being counted if I am actively typing words on my keyboard. This means this is an extremely cheap option. I also offer a $15 dollar per 1000 words rate, if you're looking for a fixed price. It's generally more expensive, though.

I provide the editing, proofreading, and of course, writing. I'll work on it until you are satisfied with the story, and for Goonstation members I won't require a down payment. I'll trust you guys to not take a story I made and run with it. At any point during the development, you can change your mind and not have to pay for the story. However, this will give me creative rights over the story, and if I choose to finish it, it will explicitly be my story and mine alone. This policy is the same for worldbuilding. This also means that you will no longer have the right to decide if the story goes into my portfolio or not, whereas if it is paid, you can decide if you keep the story for yourself or if you allow me to add it to my list of stories.

I will do a maximum of 10,000 words, the standard upper limit for a short story. This limit is removed for worldbuilding, where the word count will just be however many words I need to create the setting. If you wish for your story to be larger, you will have to commission separate stories.

Without further ado, my sample story:
http://i.cubeupload.com/3gUVOi.gif
I need some help developing a fantasy universe setting, so how much would you charge to read stuff before writing?
(08-19-2016, 06:39 AM)TheNewTeddy Wrote: I need some help developing a fantasy universe setting, so how much would you charge to read stuff before writing?

As long as you provide the materials I need to read for free, I will read it for free. If it's got horrific grammar or is otherwise painful to read, I retain the right to add in a charge based on how much I have to read.
I'll contact you via IRC about this; it would be great to get rid of some roadblocks I have.