Poll: Would you rather cyborg tools be able to be moved around or not?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Let them be rearranged.
47.62%
10 47.62%
Let them stay in their same positions.
52.38%
11 52.38%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Let cyborgs rearrange their tools
At some point recently cyborg tools seem to have been changed to always stay in the default spots. This is not good, because the tools are usually in very inconvenient spots. For example, here's the standard medibot loadout:
[Image: 57ae4101c4.png]
That's just stupid. If someone's in crit from poisoning, you need to scroll four times to get to each of the tools you need. The first page has the health analyzer, second page has the defibrillator, third page has the syringes and hypospray, and the fourth page has the anti-toxin.

Even the old system of recently used items being the last on the list was better, because you could at least have a few useful items like the analyzer and defibrillator ready at all times, even if you sometimes lost track of your crowbar.

ZeWaka Edit: Hijacked your post to put a poll, I hope you don't mind.
Noah and Sundance's Borg patch should alleviate some of this, by giving borgs multitools to reduce item bloat slightly.
(08-17-2016, 08:01 AM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: Noah and Sundance's Borg patch should alleviate some of this, by giving borgs multitools to reduce item bloat slightly.

Yeah, I really hope that omnitools and surgical lasers will be enough to counteract item bloat. I'm not familiar enough with interface code to actually make a way to reorder the borg tools.
HUD code is a complete fucking mess and while this is do-able (and in fact I believe it's already done for some HUDs somewhere...), it will be a pain in the dick to do so.
(08-17-2016, 10:47 AM)Wire Wrote: HUD code is a complete fucking mess and while this is do-able (and in fact I believe it's already done for some HUDs somewhere...), it will be a pain in the dick to do so.

Oh, so it's not just me being dumb?

Thank God.
(08-17-2016, 11:02 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 10:47 AM)Wire Wrote: HUD code is a complete fucking mess and while this is do-able (and in fact I believe it's already done for some HUDs somewhere...), it will be a pain in the dick to do so.

Thank God.

Noah buddy you should know by now nearly everything involving the ss13 code is a pain ass
(08-17-2016, 02:08 PM)BBEG Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 11:02 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:

Thank God.

Noah buddy you should know by now nearly everything involving the ss13 code is a pain ass

Chemistry is actually pretty painless. It's all nice and neat and organized.
Quote:Noah Buttes Wrote: Chemistry is actually pretty painless. It's all nice and neat and organized.

The thing responsible for so much chaos on the station is the most orginiazed in terms of code oh the irony.
Chemcode is basic math for the most part. This many units of this and that create these. These deplete from your body at this rate, and at this threshhold cause this, that, and those.

It is of course all that math together that ruins lives.
It's actually intentional for them to stay in the same spots. I implemented the feature myself. If people really want them to move around though, I could revert it...
(08-18-2016, 08:54 AM)zewaka Wrote: It's actually intentional for them to stay in the same spots. I implemented the feature myself. If people really want them to move around though, I could revert it...

For what it's worth, I prefer it this way. I know exactly where everything is, rather than it constantly changing throughout the round as I do stuff.
Yeah, I prefer having everything in the same spot, even if that same spot takes one or two clicks to get to. Having a constantly shifting inventory got tiring to deal with.
I like it this way better than the old way. A constantly shifting inventory was lame with so many items.

Edit: I also accidentally voted for the wrong option.
How about hotkeys? Everyone loves hotkeys.

have some kinda way to add tools to quick selections that you hold down one key and press numbers to select?
(08-18-2016, 10:58 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: How about hotkeys? Everyone loves hotkeys.

have some kinda way to add tools to quick selections that you hold down one key and press numbers to select?

I'm for this