Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring back Warden?
With the new cells, and lack of flushers I think bringing back the Warden as a dude who sits around making sure people behave and check if people get let out on time would be a nice thing.

Either that, or flushers.
we never had a warden, that's tg rubbish
Warden is a horrible job as well demonstrated by every other server that has Warden as a job. Flushers would be nice though.
Its a terribly boring job and you should feel bad for suggesting it. If you think the game needs a warden, play a security officer and stick around when you brig a dude.

You know those prison scanners? Change 'em so that they tag a dude with a sentence time, and can activate a flusher to leave once that time is up. The scanners mark them as arrested so if they break out, Beepsky will be after them. The flushers can change their status to released once they're done.
Nubcake Wrote:we never had a warden, that's tg rubbish
Oh, my bad, I thought Goonstation had it as well at one point.

Anticheese Wrote:Its a terribly boring job and you should feel bad for suggesting it. If you think the game needs a warden, play a security officer and stick around when you brig a dude.

If admins want the brig to be more like a county jail, a Warden with a cowboy hat (or the HoS hat that isn't the beret) hanging around would be pretty much what's needed.
Leave a county cop hat in the brig somewhere. Don't make Warden a job.
I really pity the group of security that is so bad they need an entire new position to take care of the brig.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:I really pity the group of security that is so bad they need an entire new position to take care of the brig.
True that, besides the warden has access to the armory and that leads to shitty rounds by cause and effect. The HoS can handle what we he needs to handle as far as I am concerned
bladex454 Wrote:The HoS can handle what we he needs to handle as far as I am concerned

Well I kinda suggested this because, for running up to people and punching them during a round, the captain (who was a staff assistant I pushed down and farted on last round) brigged me and force fed me alcohol and piss from drinking too much alcohol while the HoS (who also disliked me for taking his hat in another round) basically went "go ahead"

I was force fed stinkeye's and bo jack's for around 20 minutes
MEOW POW Wrote:Well I kinda suggested this because, for running up to people and punching them during a round, the captain (who was a staff assistant I pushed down and farted on last round) brigged me and force fed me alcohol and piss from drinking too much alcohol while the HoS (who also disliked me for taking his hat in another round) basically went "go ahead"

I was force fed stinkeye's and bo jack's for around 20 minutes

Multi-round grudges are against the rules, and if you aren't leaving any parts out(like say, you tried to shove the captain down the round this happened) then they are in pretty flagrant violation of the rules and it should have been adminhelped. Not to mention that feeding prisoners hard liquor and Soups is a bin no-no as well.

Besides, it sounds like the warden, if he existed in this case, would have just stood by as well and watched/laughed/fed you suicider. Don't really see much of a reason to add in a whole new job here.
david2222121 Wrote:Multi-round grudges are against the rules, and if you aren't leaving any parts out(like say, you tried to shove the captain down the round this happened) then they are in pretty flagrant violation of the rules and it should have been adminhelped

I did, I think the captain got jobbanned, and he was told to release me immediately.

david2222121 Wrote:Besides, it sounds like the warden, if he existed in this case, would have just stood by as well and watched/laughed/fed you suicider. Don't really see much of a reason to add in a whole new job here.

Not if he was a true patriot who respected Space Law

That misfortune is only part of the reason I thought this might be a good addition, It's just that the absence of flushers kind of makes brigging people total ass. I kind of fear putting a dude in jail and then getting killed, and leaving him there.
There is an intercom in there and anyone who is left alone for more than a few minutes unattended can pretty easily break out, i don't know why none of the prisoners use that goddamn intercom
I use the intercom, but I also use the tool belt no one ever takes off me.
Last time I checked the harmonica is a solid object so you could break out with that/hide in a unlocked closet and wait for security to start screaming about and then immediately give up.
The warden doesn't state at his post on TG, he just runs around and brags about his weapons.I feel deeply that security (even when they try to be nice) are simply always on the move.
So maybe the securitron 5000 should alert security and the captain if they leave too soon like a tracker implant that activates upon leaving the cell.
(As a small footnote I think the brig should have a thing that trades your clothes with prisoner clothes that is returned upon leaving when your time is up. [Handcuffs and shoe cuffs aren't added due to the fact that they are annoying and no likes being slowed and not being able to pick things up, besides your in prison]).
If you manage to dodge security until you serve your time twice over the implant falls out and your free, security may hold a grudge but you are a freed man so you can't be arrested unless you've committed another felony.
On the other hand if you are caught before you are freed you have to serve your time again with extra time due to breaking out of prison.
I think this should help security catch prisoners a lot easier and give those who dodge the officers long enough a feeling of pride and success as well as add to some pretty funny chase scenes.
So what do you think
A smart crewmen with tools could just break out through the bathroom.

Seriously it's a security blind spot and unless an officer watches you go in there, they aren't likely to catch you escaping.