Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give the AI some sort of notification if it is being damaged
So this has happened to me as AI a few times and it really bothers me that this happens. If the AI is in a shell or cyborg body it is incredibly easy for someone to sneak in and murder the AI because the AI gets absolutely no notice that anything is happening to its mainframe. I suggest implementing some sort of warning that is sent to the AI to let it know something is going on in its room (it being damaged or someone trying to debrain or steal it) so that it can have a chance to defend itself.
Were you the AI I that I killed from the Strelka after tearing down your wall with hellsmoke from inside the pod a minute ago?
If someone has managed to get into the AI core and punch the AI in the face, there probably isn't anything you can do about it, other than tell the crew. Only time I've been attacked physically as AI is by wizards.
Someone definitely could've done something in my case, even closing the shutters would've meant me having to deal with the turrets while dealing with the crew intervening.
Yeah that was me. Not the first time I've seen it though. Still seems odd to me that the AI gets no indication that things are happening. Could just have easily bee someone telesciencing in and hitting with a fire extinguisher. Besides, every other crewmember gets a message when hit with lasers and such. Why not the AI too?
How it's supposed to work is that the AI chambers have motion detectors that alert the AI whenever someone is in the AI Upload or the AI chamber itself. I remember back in the Mushroom days you'd get an alert in bold-blue text whenever a motion sensor was tripped.

Now a days, I can't ever remember seeing that alert. It was really useful, but it just doesn't seem to show up anymore. I think it might be a map problem: No one ever breaks into the AI chambers through the doors anymore. Everyone just bores down one of the walls by the AI, and tunnels through the convenient girder-path with their wirecutters. From there, they then kill the APC, and bust into the disabled AI chamber, never triggering an alert, since they killed the power before they arrived in the place with all the warning sensors. It's insanely easy to kill the AI now, even as a lowly assistant.

Didn't the girders around the AI chamber used to have IR sensors? What happened to those?
(08-14-2016, 05:29 PM)Mageziya Wrote: How it's supposed to work is that the AI chambers have motion detectors that alert the AI whenever someone is in the AI Upload or the AI chamber itself. I remember back in the Mushroom days you'd get an alert in bold-blue text whenever a motion sensor was tripped.

Now a days, I can't ever remember seeing that alert. It was really useful, but it just doesn't seem to show up anymore. I think it might be a map problem: No one ever breaks into the AI chambers through the doors anymore. Everyone just bores down one of the walls by the AI, and tunnels through the convenient girder-path with their wirecutters. From there, they then kill the APC, and bust into the disabled AI chamber, never triggering an alert, since they killed the power before they arrived in the place with all the warning sensors. It's insanely easy to kill the AI now, even as a lowly assistant.

Didn't the girders around the AI chamber used to have IR sensors? What happened to those?
When I am AI I always use my turrets as alarms. They have a very loud and obvious sound that will alert you when anyone is near your core.
Motion sensor alarms for the AI have been broken for quite a while now.
(08-14-2016, 06:10 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Motion sensor alarms for the AI have been broken for quite a while now.

Even if they do work they aren't set off by someone sitting outside shooting lasers in from space. Same goes for turrets. 

Perhaps the AI should have a little health symbol like borgs do, coupled with a big scary red message if their core is at some health threshold?