Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Monkeys, Nanobots and You.
(08-15-2016, 03:35 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(08-15-2016, 02:42 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: using a pen should rename minibots, that or a hand labeller

Yeah, something like that, but maybe less common so that you don't end up with every single minibot on the station being named "assbot" by some overachieving staff assistant

that's when you call sec to arrest him for promoting vulgarity on your beautiful station
edit: that or maybe you can only apply a name once with the sticker and then it's stuck that way unless you use something like acetone to melt it off: the creator can thus name their creation first before the assistants get to it and can't easily overwrite it
(08-15-2016, 03:37 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(08-15-2016, 03:35 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(08-15-2016, 02:42 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: using a pen should rename minibots, that or a hand labeller

Yeah, something like that, but maybe less common so that you don't end up with every single minibot on the station being named "assbot" by some overachieving staff assistant

that's when you call sec to arrest him for promoting vulgarity on your beautiful station
edit: that or maybe you can only apply a name once with the sticker and then it's stuck that way unless you use something like acetone to melt it off: the creator can thus name their creation first before the assistants get to it and can't easily overwrite it

Seems like a good idea to me.
Yes.

That is all.
I wish I saw this idea earlier, because I REALLY want it to be implemented so that Roboticists have more to do and don't just sit around hopelessly attempting to place medibots around the different departments.
I'm all for sentient robo buddies.
I continue to provide my support of this idea from like two months ago ok yes.
I am also still in support of this idea, although it would probably require an awful lot of effort.
Yes, this is very needed. Robotocists need more stuff to do badly.
(08-14-2016, 12:10 PM)Mordent Wrote: Long post detailing playable bot options
This seems a bit overcomplicated for simple bots. The challenge should be to use simple tools to great effect. the medibot should have two options, inject with synthesised stuff, or inject with onboard beaker. only humans should be able to give you a beaker. unless ALL medibots gain the ability to use a beaker and automatically refill themselves, i think it should be kept simple.
Medibot states, "GIVE ME A BOTTLE OF POISON. WHY? NO REASON."
(10-06-2016, 06:01 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Medibot states, "GIVE ME A BOTTLE OF POISON. WHY? NO REASON."

Following the current behavior of medibots, one should be allowed to inject any poisons they were given by an outside force without it counting as harm.
(10-06-2016, 06:30 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(10-06-2016, 06:01 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Medibot states, "GIVE ME A BOTTLE OF POISON. WHY? NO REASON."

Following the current behavior of medibots, one should be allowed to inject any poisons they were given by an outside force without it counting as harm.

Law 2: Humans know what is best for each other, if one gives you a beaker full of chemicals you should use those alongside your usual treatments.