Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add welding fuel to chemical dispensers.
Welding fuel is not currently in the chemical dispensers, though a few other compounds such as water currently are.  It is not a significant bottleneck in any of the recipes where it is present, but it is inconvenient when synthesizing certain precursor chemicals like oil and acetone, which are commonly used elsewhere.

As welding fuel is commonly available, does not serve to significantly bottleneck any dangerous recipes (many of the dangerous poisons etc. have other ingredients that rightly require travel outside of the research sector), and thematically in line with other ingredients in the dispenser (water, alcohol, etc.) it should be added to the chemical dispensers in the name of streamlining the game and removing the tedious but trivial step of dragging a welding tank into the chemistry lab every single round at start.
I just want to refuel welders with fuel tanks frown
I approve of this as it is just annoying to run and find a tank of welding fuel when trying to make anything important.
I could see why putting weld fuel in dispensers might be concerning in terms of how easy it would be to make explody fun, but it's already so easy to get welding fuel as it is, sooooo...
There are already extremely destructive combinations available from the machine - you can make the classic thermite phlogiston smoke (as good as a bomb if you don't care about blowing limbs off) but cannot, for instance, make some of the more under-used healing chems like cryoxadone or pentetic acid without that extra little hassle.
(08-12-2016, 09:33 PM)Fonduede Wrote: I could see why putting weld fuel in dispensers might be concerning in terms of how easy it would be to make explody fun, but it's already so easy to get welding fuel as it is, sooooo...

This is pretty much how I feel about it. I'm against making it any easier for the chem circlejerkers to make hellchems.
I'd like it being dispensable because I pretty much never fucking make hellchems, I just want oil so I can make certain medicines.
(08-13-2016, 02:31 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: I'd like it being dispensable because I pretty much never fucking make hellchems, I just want oil so I can make certain medicines.

Same, agreed.
well, it would make it a little easier to make suicider without needing to pull the welding fuel tank to the bar. then i will only be limited by epi supply
It's a bit odd to have something that infinitely dispenses hydrocarbons with little effort. Then again, we have an engine that runs on temps where 'hotter than a star' is an appalling understatement.

I'm apathetic here. I can't think of a way to abuse it to a huge degree. I also don't find this a big hassle. I just grab one of the orange fuel tanks and transfer via click-drag when I need some. If enough people are behind it I don't really see why not, outside of tradition and stuff.
It already endlessly dispenses platinum anyway.
As a chem nerd, I support putting welding fuel in chem dispensers.

Nevermind, I am dumb.
Might as well add precursors then. I always found having to gather materials to be fun and it adds stuff to doin chem and being the science man. My perfect chem system would probably make you cry.
On second thought, I retract my endorsement of adding welding fuel to chemical dispensers, and I refuse to say why.
If there is a circlejerk recipe so dangerous that making it SLIGHTLY more convenient tips some balance scale, that recipe is probably an issue!